Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Sixers Lose To Wizards 129-95 In Preseason Action
- Banged Up Eagles Are Looking To Recover
- Sixers Over/Under Wins For 2015-16 Set At 21.5
- Eagles Injury Update: Maxwell, Kendricks, Peters, Johnson Miss Practice
- 2015-16 Wells Fargo Center Menu Items
- Union Notebook: Jim Curtin on McFadden, Sakiewicz, and Offseason Priorities
- Flyers Set Opening Night Roster
- FanDuel Weekly Roundup: Who To Play, Pass On For NFL Week 5
- Penn’s Alexa Hoover A Dominant Field Hockey Force
- Cowboys Fan Mark Henry On 94WIP: ‘I’m Anti-Chip’