By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Eagles Could Play The Rams In London In 2016
- Eagles Promote WR Jonathan Krause To Active Roster
- Drexel Looks For A Jump Start Out In Alaska
- Sixers To Honor The Life And Legacy Of Moses Malone
- Flyers Take On Islanders Tonight Up In Brooklyn
- Nick Saban And Urban Meyer Screwed Things Up For Everybody
- Lane Johnson Learns Philly Is Not Oklahoma
- WATCH: Duke Fans Create PSA To Save Jahlil Okafor From Sixers
- Eagles Quarterback Situation Remains Cloudy
- Lane Johnson Says He ‘Really Doesn’t Know’ If Chip Kelly Will Return To Eagles