By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Fans React To Philadelphia Getting The NFL Draft
- Nationals Earn Sweep With 2-1 Win Over Phillies
- Late Appeal Moves NFL Concussion Case To Supreme Court
- Philadelphia Soul Celebrates Championship With Rally At City Hall
- Sources: Philadelphia To Host The 2017 NFL Draft
- Phillies Look To Avoid Sweep Against Nats Behind Morgan
- Impact Injuries That Could Affect Your Fantasy Football Draft
- Del Val With Big Challenge In Friday Opener Vs. Wesley
- Today Is The Wells Fargo Center’s 20th Anniversary
- Flyers Unveil 50th Anniversary Jerseys