Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Re-Drafting The Top-10 Fantasy Football Picks
- Keidel: Is It Time To Bury Brady And Belichick?
- Saints WR Marques Colston Joins Philadelphia Soul Ownership Group
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Four American League Teams Left To Chase World Series
- Larry Donnell Benched Himself In Fantasy Last Week, Then Scored Three TDs
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jordy Nelson, Matt Asiata And Aaron Rodgers
- Suicide Watch: Week 5
- Flyers Announce They Are Bringing ‘Ice Girls’ Back
- Grand Imperial Poobah: Sunday’s Game Will End With Eagles Taking Knee
- Bumgarner, Giants Silence Pirates 8-0 To Advance