Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- 5 Of Boxing’s Most Controversial Fights Ever
- Seven Penn State Trustees Want Access To Records Used By Louis Freeh
- Sixers Keep Or Pass Part 2: Who The Sixers Retain For Next Season
- Pete Prisco On Tim Tebow: ‘He’s Not Fixable’
- ‘Sons Of Ben: The Movie’ Prepares To Hit The Big Screen
- Lou Williams Named NBA’s Sixth Man Of The Year
- Local High School Mourning Death Of Football Player
- Albert Breer: Tim Tebow’s ‘A Long Shot’ To Make The Eagles
- Corey Seidman Wins The 94WIP Great Baseball Debate
- Official: Eagles Announce Acquisition Of Tim Tebow