By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Simmonds Leads Flyers Past Predators 4-2 For 5th Straight
- Flyers Rink Employee Goes Pro For 1 Game As Backup Goalie
- Eagles Struggles Continue In Loss To Bengals
- Temple Finishes Season Ranked, Will Play In Military Bowl
- WATCH: Eagles Get On The Board Vs Bengals With TD Pass To Zach Ertz
- Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Washington In The College Football Playoff
- Penn State Not Selected To College Football Playoff
- South Jersey HS Football Champs Congratulated By Superstar Alum
- Report: Eagles Likely To Pursue DeSean Jackson In Free Agency
- No. 8 Penn St. Rallies To Beat No. 6 Wisconsin 38-31