Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Struggling Phillies Fall To Braves 9-5 On Independence Day
- Matt Stonie Tops Joey Chestnut In Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Now Is The Time To Trade Overachievers For Underachievers In Fantasy Baseball
- Phils Edged By Braves 2-1 In Series Opener
- Best Performances By Athletes On Their Birthdays
- Temple’s Cummings Ready To Run With The Rockets
- 4th Of July Weekend Sports TV Guide
- Phillies Fall 8-7, Swept By Brewers In 4-Game Series
- Tennis Player Calls Carmelo Anthony “Soft”
- DeMarcus Cousins Wishes Nik Stauskas Good Luck In Philadelphia