By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Ben Simmons Bought A Kid Sneakers At Kicks USA
- Eagles Rookie Jalen Mills Is The ‘Green Goblin’
- Fantasy Baseball Owners Must Anticipate Trade Deadline Deals
- Flyers Sign Brayden Schenn To Long-Term Deal
- Report: Phils Preparing For Jeremy Hellickson Trade With Marlins
- Joel Embiid Pays Homage To Sam Hinkie On Instagram
- Phillies Plundered By Pirates In 5-4 Loss
- Rupp Says He’s OK Day After Being Hit In Head By Pitch
- Glasnow Exits Early, But Pirates Rally To Beat Phillies 7-4
- Zach Eflin Tosses Complete Game Shut Out, Phils Top Pirates 4-0