By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Eagles Release Statement On Buddy Ryan
- Tebow Reportedly Leads Mid-Flight Prayer After Man Suffers Medical Emergency
- Listen: Remembering Buddy Ryan On 94WIP
- LSU Coach: Ben Simmons ‘Most NBA Ready Player’ In 36 Years
- Buddy Ryan Dies At Age 82
- Phils Shutout Diamondbacks In Velasquez’s Return
- Pat Summitt, Winningest Coach In D1 History, Has Died At 64
- Boxing Shines With Riveting Prime-Time Fight
- Keidel: Jose Reyes, The New York Mets And The Sad Business Of Baseball
- This Week In Golf: Navy Vet Billy Hurley III Wins Quicken Loans National