Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Josh Huff Becomes First Eagles Rookie To Win Special Teams Player Of The Week
- Tony Bruno Returns To The 94WIP Morning Show
- Bucks County Ice Hockey Rivals Battle For A Great Cause
- No. 12 Villanova Beats No. 19 Michigan 60-55
- Temple Beats Penn 76-67 For Big 5 Win
- Bennie Logan On Cowboys O-Line: ‘They’re Not A Challenge For Us’
- The Center Of Attention: The Offensive Line ‘Is Getting Better Each Week’
- Philly’s 94WIP, Dallas’ The Fan Square Off During Live Simulcast
- 5 Approaches To Eating Dinner And Watching Eagles Vs. Cowboys On Thanksgiving
- College Football Spotlight: A Time To Be Thankful For Rivalries