By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- LeBron James Headed To 6th Straight NBA Finals, Cavaliers Await Opponent
- Morgan Gives Up 3 Homers As Phillies Fall To Cubs 6-2
- Street Soccer USA Philadelphia Cup To Kick Off This Weekend
- Will Golden State’s Playoff Run End In Oklahoma City?
- GA’s Danny Hoy Key To Princeton Baseball Turnaround
- Villanova’s Championship Squad To Be Honored By President Obama
- Pete Mackanin Says Chicago Is The Nicest American City
- Jordan Matthews Wants To Thank Kanye West
- Baseball, Civil Rights History Now On Display In Philadelphia
- NBA Insider: ‘Very High Likelihood’ 76ers Trade Okafor Or Noel