Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Royals Beats Giants 7-2 To Tie World Series 1-All
- Flyers Rally Past Penguins, 5-3
- 5-1 Eagles Getting Ready For 5-1 Cardinals
- Flyers Wrap Up Road Trip Tonight In Pittsburgh
- Penn Visits Yale Saturday Looking For Second Straight Win
- Malcolm Jenkins: ‘Culture Is What Wins Us Games’
- Donovan McNabb Will Reportedly Be Calling Sunday’s Rams at Chiefs Game
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 1
- A Look At Where The Eagles And Flyers Are Headed This Season
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: San Diego Chargers At Denver Broncos