Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Philly Athletes Weigh In On The Dress
- Flyers Late Comeback Falls Short As Maple Leafs Win 3-2
- Temple Defeats Houston 66-54 To End Two-Game Skid
- Delaware Defeats Drexel 58-44
- Flyers Skate With Maple Leafs Tonight In Toronto
- Who Wins The Eighth Great Birds Debate?
- CSAC Title Game Features Contrasting Styles
- Podcast: Memorable Quotes From 94WIP’s 8th Annual Great Birds Debate
- Report: Eagles To Release Todd Herremans
- Life Without Lee Begins Tonight For Drexel