Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Temple Demolishes Delaware State 59-0
- Villanova Tops James Madison 49-31
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- All-Time Great Praises Eagles Running Backs
- Phillies Lose Series Opener To A’s 3-1
- Phillies Minor Leaguer Suspended 50 Games
- Report: Ravens Knew Details Of Rice Video In February
- 5 Other Lopsided NFL Games (To Make The Buccaneers Feel Better)
- TTYM: Goodell Is Goofed, Harden Can’t Dance And New Lingerie Leaguers?
- 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano And Rob Ellis React To Goodell Press Conference