By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- LeSean McCoy Refuses To Address Nightclub Brawl
- Drake Outcoaches Kevin Hart To Win NBA Celebrity Game
- Allen Iverson Named 2016 NBA Hall Of Fame Finalist
- NBA Western Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Brian Haddad’s ‘Piece Of Garbage’ Bracket
- Neumann University Hoops Hitting Its Stride Down The Stretch
- It’s An Empire State Weekend For The Penn Quakers
- McCoy’s Lawyer: No Decision On Charges Until Next Week
- NBA Eastern Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Jahri Evans’ Agent: ‘Philly Could Be A Match, But That’s Up To Eagles’