By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Phillies Hold Off Mets Rally In 10-8 Win
- Eagles, Steelers Fans Converging At Queen Village Bar
- Penn State Routed At No. 4 Michigan
- Big 2nd Quarter Lifts Temple To 48-20 Win Over Charlotte
- Mets Take Down Phillies, 10-5
- NBA Working With Players To Head Off National Anthem Tensions
- Eagles Hope To Keep Offense Rolling
- Fantasy Football: Who To Start, Sit For Week 3
- Preview Podcast: Steelers At Eagles
- Keidel: Beckham, Norman And The Game Within The Game