Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Sixers Fall To Trail Blazers 114-93
- Penn State Set For 1st Bowl Game In Sandusky Aftermath
- Eagles’ Maclin, Cole Face Uncertain Offseasons
- Injury Report: Trent Cole Returns to Eagles Following Hand Surgery
- Eagles Have Quarterback Questions Going Into 2015
- 5 Eagles In Pro Bowl Honored, But Disappointed
- Penn State Striving For Offensive Line Development
- Keidel: From Frozen Tundras To A Helping Of Heinz
- Philly Soccer Show: Local Product Dan Gargan Enjoying Success Out West
- 10 Bold Sports Predictions For 2015