By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Coyotes Pull Ahead, Top Flyers 5-4
- Michael Phelps Secretly Took Plunge, Getting Married Before Gold Medal Haul
- Sixers Players May Respond After National Anthem Flap On Opening Night
- Eagles Look To Jump-Start Offense
- Did Sixers Make Right Call Not Allowing Anthem Singer To Perform With ‘We Matter’ Shirt?
- Flyers Play Host To Struggling Arizona Tonight
- West Chester On The Road Saturday At East Stroudsburg
- Harold Carmichael On Final Season With Cowboys: ‘Worst Part Was Putting Helmet On’
- Boomer Between The Games: Week 8 Preview With Brian Jones
- Eagles Team Headlines: Eagles Testing Trade Market For Receiver