Philly Soccer Show: Wenger, M’Bolhi Help Union Get Back On Track
By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Travis Long Tears ACL For Second Straight Year, Gone For Season
- Mets, Blue Jays, Astros Improve Odds To Win 2015 World Series
- Revamped Eagles Defense Ready To Step Up In 2015
- DeMarco Murray Says He’s Healthy & Feels Like An Eagle
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National
- Slimmed-Down Jason Peters Poised For Big Season
- Bennie Logan Talks Life, Race, And Rap Music On 94WIP
- Newest Olympic Sport: Ultimate Frisbee?
- Eagles DC Bill Davis Defends Chip Kelly
- Player Style Files: Broncos Ronnie Hillman Has A Ton Of Shoes