By Greg Orlandini
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Rest and some home cooking were just what the doctor ordered, as the Philadelphia Union picked up a thrilling win at home against the San Jose Earthquakes 4-2 over the weekend and the KYW Philly Soccer Show breaks it all down for you. KYW’s Greg Orlandini and Philly Soccer Page Writer Eli Pearlman-Storch are joined by PSP writer Adam Cann.
The Union were powered by a Man of the Match performance by forward Andrew Wenger. The Lancaster-native, who has struggled since coming from Montreal Impact in the trade that sent Jack McInnerny to Canada, dominated the Quakes with his two goals and powerful runs into the attacking area.
The game also saw the debut of Algerian goalkeeper Rais M’Bolhi who, despite some shaky communication with his defenders, put in a solid game for the home side.
“Philly Soccer Show” main page
Follow the KYW Philly Soccer Show on Twitter @kywphillysoccer.
- Penn State QB Hackenberg Drafted By Jets In 2nd Round
- Carson Wentz Speaks With Eyewitness News On His First Day In Philly
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears
- Soul Head West For Monday Night Battle In LA
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: April 25th-April 29th
- Top NFL Draft Prospects By Position Still On The Board After Round 1
- Santoliquito: Looks Like Eagles Are Stuck With Sam Bradford
- Deon Stafford Jr., A Force For SJU Baseball
- Has Carson Wentz Ever Been Booed? ‘Not By My Own Fans’
- Why Howie Roseman Contradicted His Trade Philosophy: ‘QB Matters Most’