By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A private funeral service is being held today for Keisha Williams, who died last week from injuries suffered during the carjack crash that also killed her three children last month. The victims were selling fruit on a sidewalk when they were hit.
One of the alleged killers, Jonathan Rosa, blurted out a plea for forgiveness from the family after waiving his right to a preliminary hearing. Rosa’s attorney, who says his client has confessed and cooperated, says he’ll try to work out a plea deal.
The other defendant, Cornelius Crawford, also made a statement to police.
“Unfortunately, because of the blowout of the tire, and he was driving the car, he had no intention and he feels really bad about what transpired after that,” Defense attorney, CP Mirarchi III says.
Crawford’s preliminary hearing, which continued Wednesday, has been re-scheduled and prosecutor Brendan O’Malley has indicated there could be up to a dozen witnesses — including the carjack victim who was beaten and sexually assaulted before being critically injured in the crash:
“She suffered pretty significant injuries due to the car accident. She was also physically assaulted. And she’s physically getting much better, she is healing and she is in a much better place physically. She is out of the hospital.”
Crawford’s hearing is now scheduled for October.
- Cops: Man Charged With Homicide After Allegedly Shooting Wife With Crossbow
- Local Advocates React To Supreme Court Decision Striking Down Texas Abortion Clinic Regulations
- These Billboards Will Target You As You Drive By
- Many Philly Families Unaware About Kids Summer Feeding Programs
- Diet Pepsi With Aspartame Returning To Shelves In US
- Florida Native Draws 49 Orlando Victims To Honor Their Memory
- Bensalem-Based Company Has New Test That Helps Prevent Colorectal Cancer
- Philly Police Officer Arrested For Alleged Robbery In Bristol Township
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Texas Abortion Clinic Regulations
- Jon Bon Jovi Surprises Cancer-Stricken Fan With Guitar, Kiss