By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A private funeral service is being held today for Keisha Williams, who died last week from injuries suffered during the carjack crash that also killed her three children last month. The victims were selling fruit on a sidewalk when they were hit.
One of the alleged killers, Jonathan Rosa, blurted out a plea for forgiveness from the family after waiving his right to a preliminary hearing. Rosa’s attorney, who says his client has confessed and cooperated, says he’ll try to work out a plea deal.
The other defendant, Cornelius Crawford, also made a statement to police.
“Unfortunately, because of the blowout of the tire, and he was driving the car, he had no intention and he feels really bad about what transpired after that,” Defense attorney, CP Mirarchi III says.
Crawford’s preliminary hearing, which continued Wednesday, has been re-scheduled and prosecutor Brendan O’Malley has indicated there could be up to a dozen witnesses — including the carjack victim who was beaten and sexually assaulted before being critically injured in the crash:
“She suffered pretty significant injuries due to the car accident. She was also physically assaulted. And she’s physically getting much better, she is healing and she is in a much better place physically. She is out of the hospital.”
Crawford’s hearing is now scheduled for October.
- Critics Weigh In On Trump’s New Travel Ban
- Doomsday Rescheduled: ‘Researcher’ Moves End Of The World To October
- Girl Hit By Car After Getting Ice Cream With Siblings
- Woman Found Dead On Sidewalk Near Cemetery
- Trump: ‘Proud Of NASCAR’ Not Protesting During National Anthem
- Defendant Pleads Guilty To Sucker-Punching Man With Cerebral Palsy Outside 7-Eleven
- Reward Offered For Man Accused Of Shooting Ex-Girlfriend’s Mom
- Former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner Sentenced To 21 Months In Sexting Case
- $50 Million Ronald McDonald House Construction Underway
- Deputies: Man Poured Scalding Water Over 2-Year-Old