PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The mother of three children struck and killed during a carjacking hit and run in Philadelphia has passed away.
Keisha Williams, 34, was critically injured in the July 25th crash and spent two weeks in the hospital before she succumbed to her injuries Thursday night.
Williams’ three children — 15-year-old Keiearra Williams, 10-year-old Joseph Reed and 7-year-old Terrence Moore — were struck and killed by an out of control, stolen SUV while selling fruit at the intersection of Germantown and Allegheny Avenues in the city’s Tioga neighborhood.
Funeral services were held for the children on Monday.
Two suspects — 19-year-old Jonathan Rosa and 22-year-old Cornelius Crawford — were already facing a long list of charges that included three counts of Second Degree Murder. After Williams’ passing, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams said Rosa and Crawford will now be charged with four counts of Second Degree Murder.
“My heart continues to break for the family and friends of Keisha, Keiearra, Joseph and Terrance. The thoughts and prayers of my office continue to be with everyone affected by the senseless crimes that occurred on July 25th. I hope the knowledge that I am prosecuting these defendants to the fullest extent of the law will give the family some sense of justice during this time of unimaginable grief,” Williams said in statement released Friday.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Where To Score A Free Pretzel On National Pretzel Day
- Philadelphia Police Union Offering $5,000 Reward In Shooting That Injured 21-Month-Old, Father
- Bill Cosby’s Wife Accompanies Actor For First Time During Sex Assault Retrial Ahead Of Closing Arguments
- Controversial Nude Painting Worth Millions Breaks Auction Record
- ‘Schoolhouse Rock’s’ Bob Dorough Is Dead At 94