PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Philadelphia Flyers have signed defenseman Michael Del Zotto to a one-year contract.
The 24-year-old Del Zotto had a goal and four assists in 25 games for Nashville last year. The Flyers announced earlier Tuesday that veteran defenseman Kimmo Timonen was hospitalized in Finland with blood clots in his lower right leg and in both lungs.
Del Zotto was a first-round pick by the New York Rangers in 2008. He had 26 goals and 95 assists for 121 points in 292 games over five seasons with the Rangers. He had 10 goals and 31 assists for 41 points and a plus-20 rating in his best season in 2010-11.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Mets Move Closer To Postseason With Win Over Phillies
- Ben Simmons Suffers Bone Fracture In Foot On Final Day Of Sixers Camp
- 76ers’ International Big 3 On The Rise
- Podcast: Breaking Down The Eagles At The Bye
- Ben Simmons To Have Precautionary X-Rays After Rolling Ankle