PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lower right leg and in both lungs, the team announced in a statement. Timonen is currently being treated for this disorder back in his home country of Finland. His return to play is yet to be determined.
“He [Timonen] was as shocked as anybody,” Flyers General Manager Ron Hextall said Tuesday in a conference call. “I haven’t talked to him yet, I’ve reached out to him twice. He texted me. He seemed very frustrated, but I think we are happy for him and his three children that he’s doing fine.”
Timonen, 39, and the Flyers agreed to a one-year extension on June 13th.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Penn Women’s Hoops Visits St. John’s In WNIT 2nd Round
- Carson Wentz Posts Video Throwing Football While Wearing Brace
- Report: Eagles To Open 2018 Season Vs. Vikings On Thursday Night
- Simmonds Scores 2 Goals, Helps Lift Flyers Past Capitals 6-3
- Roy Halladay’s Son Gets Standing Ovation After Tossing Perfect Inning