Police Arrest Philadelphia Man Wanted For Alleged Deliberate Hit And Run In Collingdale
COLLINGDALE, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a man wanted for an April hit and run is now in custody.
Conroy Williams, of Philadelphia, turned himself into police with his lawyer by his side on Tuesday at 1:25 p.m.
Williams was wanted for allegedly deliberately running over 36-year-old Joel Witherspoon in the 900 block of Bedford Avenue on April 19, 2014 (see previous story).
Williams is charged with Criminal Attempted Murder, Possessing Instrument of Crime, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Aggravated Assault by Motor Vehicle, Accidents Involving Death or Personal Injury, Criminal Mischief / Damaging Property with Intent, Reckless, or Neglect.
Williams is currently awaiting arraignment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Community Gathers To Remember 3-Year-Old Boy At Candlelight Vigil In Haddon Township
- Recent Death Of Young Transgender Woman Sparks Conversation About Danger Many Transgender Women Face
- Police: 14-Year-Old Dies After North Philadelphia Shooting
- City Breaks Ground On New Phillies Urban Youth Academy
- The Rosenbach Celebrates 150 Years Of Alice In Wonderland