COLLINGDALE, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a man wanted for an April hit and run is now in custody.
Conroy Williams, of Philadelphia, turned himself into police with his lawyer by his side on Tuesday at 1:25 p.m.
Williams was wanted for allegedly deliberately running over 36-year-old Joel Witherspoon in the 900 block of Bedford Avenue on April 19, 2014 (see previous story).
Williams is charged with Criminal Attempted Murder, Possessing Instrument of Crime, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Aggravated Assault by Motor Vehicle, Accidents Involving Death or Personal Injury, Criminal Mischief / Damaging Property with Intent, Reckless, or Neglect.
Williams is currently awaiting arraignment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Woman Injured In Drive-By Shooting Was Not The Intended Target
- Florida Shooting Victim Coping With Tragedy Through Poem
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Issues New Congressional Map
- Philly Police Searching For Teen Who Tried To Enter School With Gun
- Study: Gender Differences In Heart Failure Treatment