COLLINGDALE, Pa. (CBS) – Police say a man wanted for an April hit and run is now in custody.
Conroy Williams, of Philadelphia, turned himself into police with his lawyer by his side on Tuesday at 1:25 p.m.
Williams was wanted for allegedly deliberately running over 36-year-old Joel Witherspoon in the 900 block of Bedford Avenue on April 19, 2014 (see previous story).
Williams is charged with Criminal Attempted Murder, Possessing Instrument of Crime, Aggravated Assault, Recklessly Endangering Another Person, Aggravated Assault by Motor Vehicle, Accidents Involving Death or Personal Injury, Criminal Mischief / Damaging Property with Intent, Reckless, or Neglect.
Williams is currently awaiting arraignment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Two Philadelphia Men Remember Dachau Liberation 71 Years Later
- Horsham Community Meeting Focuses On Water Safety
- Star Philly YouTube Couple Ends Videos And Relationship In Latest Post
- Phoenixville Man Arrested For Stealing Funds From Daycare He Was In Charge Of
- Gaming Expansion Fails First Votes In PA House