MAGNOLIA, Del. (CBS) – A Delaware State Trooper shot and injured by a suspect earlier this week has been released from the hospital.
Corporal Lloyd McMann, 26, was trying to conduct a vehicle stop when the driver, Dennis Hicks, fled northbound on SR 1 towards Magnolia.
After Hicks’ vehicle came to a stop at Bayhill Road and West Birdie Land, Hicks opened fire on Corporal McMann, hitting him in the hands and face (see previous story).
McMann returned fire, killing the suspect.
Corporal McMann, a four-year veteran of the Del. State Police, was admitted to Christiana Hospital Trauma Center in serious but stable condition, where he has been receiving treatment.
On Friday, Corporal McMann was released from the hospital, and the Del. State Police released a statement that reads, in part:
“The men and women of the Delaware State Police along with Corporal McCann’s family wish to thank the community for the tremendous outpouring of support, thoughts and prayers, during this time and his continued recovery. Corporal McCann is doing very well and is in good spirits.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Small WWII-Era Plane Crashes In Hudson River, Body Found
- Campaign Urging Montco Residents To Use 9-1-1 For Any Response Kicks Off
- South Jersey Mothers Who Lost Sons To Military Conflict Share Their Pain And Hope
- 57-Year-Old Man Stabbed During Robbery Attempt In Philadelphia
- A Five Month Festival Rises From The Ashes This Summer