PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia police now say two men were struck by officers Sunday afternoon (see previous story).
According to Police Public Affairs, police responded to the sounds of gunshots in the area of the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Upon arrival, they encountered two male suspects who would not drop their weapons.
At some point, an officer discharged his weapon, striking two suspects with bullets.
One suspect, a 36-year-old male, was struck multiple times in the face, abdomen, neck and arm. He is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The other suspect, a 32-year-old male, was struck once in the left arm and is listed in stable condition at Temple.
Police served a search warrant at a home in the 3200 block of Fairhill Street, which one of the suspects ran into.
One weapon was recovered at the scene. Police continue to investigate the incident.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- 2 Children, Grandmother Killed In North Philadelphia House Fire
- Former PA Congressman To Give Memorial Day Speech At Philly Korean War Memorial
- Final Preparations Are Underway To Kick Off Philly Beer Week
- Once Neglected Golf Course Is Now Getting Back Into Swing Of Things
- Combined Help For Thousands In Camden County With Mental Health, Addiction Issues