PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Philadelphia police now say two men were struck by officers Sunday afternoon (see previous story).
According to Police Public Affairs, police responded to the sounds of gunshots in the area of the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Upon arrival, they encountered two male suspects who would not drop their weapons.
At some point, an officer discharged his weapon, striking two suspects with bullets.
One suspect, a 36-year-old male, was struck multiple times in the face, abdomen, neck and arm. He is in critical condition at Temple University Hospital.
The other suspect, a 32-year-old male, was struck once in the left arm and is listed in stable condition at Temple.
Police served a search warrant at a home in the 3200 block of Fairhill Street, which one of the suspects ran into.
One weapon was recovered at the scene. Police continue to investigate the incident.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Experiencing Reading Terminal Market ‘In A Whole New Light’ At Annual Fundraiser
- Billy Graham’s Body Arrives At Namesake Library
- Police: Man Found Dead Along SEPTA Regional Rail Line In Olney
- Adults Living With Congenital Heart Disease Have Resource Now Celebrating Milestone
- Delaware County Manufacturer Says It Will Benefit From New Federal Tax Laws