2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Under New Policy, PPD Releases Names Of 2 Officers Involved In Shooting
- Pols: NJ Casino Expansion Vote Likely Not Happening In Fall
- Philadelphia’s Fourth Of July Celebration Underway
- Pioneers Of The LGBT Rights Movement Reflect On Their History
- Philly Pops Holds Final Runthroughs For Free Friday Evening Concert
- Cops: Males In Possession Of Stolen Phone Unknowingly Upload Pics To Victim’s Cloud
- Ford Recalls 432K Cars Because Of Software Problem
- Christie Says Program To Help Military Members To Continue
- Reward Now $5,000 For Man Being Sought For Shooting At Camden Police Officer
- Mayor Nutter’s Chief of Staff Promises Adequate Security In Place for Holiday Weekend