By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Man Killed During Philly Prom Party Was A Good Man Who Cared About His Community, Family Says
- SummerFest: A Philadelphia Summer
- Temporary Street Closures In Center City Throughout Memorial Day Weekend
- Delaware Officials: More Than 600 People May Have Been Exposed To Tuberculosis
- 3 Cheers: Survivor Winner Wendell Holland Continues Philly’s Winning Streak
- SummerFest: Teens Learn How To Build Boat At Independence Seaport Museum
- Upper Southampton Township Police: 3 Boys Broke Dozens Of Windows, Windshields From Parked Concrete Trucks
- Families Hit The Jersey Shore During Memorial Day Weekend
- Mastery Charter Student Benched For Wearing Hijab Sparks Rule Change
- Men Better Navigators Than Women, Study Says