By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- High School Of Denver Broncos Kicker Celebrates ‘Brandon McManus Day’
- Popular Social Media Network Suspends 125,000 ISIS Related Accounts
- Authorities Investigating Alleged Hazing Incidents At Chester County High School
- Popular Hashtag Leads To Violence At Montgomery County High School
- Pa. Supreme Court Rejects Kane Bid To Restore Law License; Senate Expected To Vote On Removal
- In Honor Of Black History Month, Original Musical Written By Local Educator Debuts
- NJ Attorney General Will Step Down Next Month
- Mayor Kenney Endorses State Representative Dwight Evans For U.S. Congress
- A Judge Sentences Defendant In Botched Robbery Of Center City Jewelers Row Store
- Philadelphia Health Officials Prepare For Eventual Arrival Of Zika Virus