2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- I-Team Investigation: Cockpit Danger
- After A Summer Of Uncertainty, Philadelphia School Leaders Exhale Over Passage Of Cigarette Tax
- DA: 3 To Be Charged In Assault On Gay Couple In Center City
- Vigil Held For 15-Year-Old Girl Killed In Olney Double Shooting
- Tour Bus Driver Charged In Deadly Delaware Crash
- Suspect Wanted In The Murder Of Delaware Valley Charter High School Student Turns Self In
- Local Coffee Shop Owner Using Twitter Founder’s New Business Venture To Help His Grow
- Brotherly Love: A Meal For Anyone Who Wants One
- Senate OKs Philadelphia Schools Cigarette Tax Measure
- Coastal Storm Brings Needed Rain