By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Delco Church Holds A Different Kind Of “Sunday Service”
- Teen Rodeo Rider Trampled To Death By Horse During New Jersey Performance
- Ohio Zoo Closes Gorilla Exhibit For Now After Boy Falls In
- Man Shot And Killed In Southwest Philadelphia
- Two Injured After Car Overturns In East Falls
- Chinese Lantern Festival Remained A Popular Spot Over Memorial Day Weekend
- Thousands Savor Trenton’s Pork Roll Festival, Or Is It Taylor Ham?
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Local Breweries Prepare For Upcoming Philly Beer Week
- Two Dogs Set On Fire In Chester