2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- City Of Philadelphia Announces Snow Emergency
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot, Run Over In Feltonville
- Gov. Christie Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Winter Storm
- Cape May City Council Votes To Demote Police Chief, Loses Councilman In The Process
- Amtrak Announces Schedule Changes For Thursday Ahead Of Winter Storm
- Latest Weather: 4-8″ Of Snow Expected To Fall, Starting Overnight
- Bail Denied For Chester County Priest Accused of Sex Crimes
- ‘Netflix Cheating’ — An Innocent TV Binge, or a Relationship Killer?
- Local Environmental Groups Warn of Accident Potential From Marcellus Shale Freight Trains
- Roxborough Man Facing Charges Of Animal Cruelty After SPCA Rescues 9 Dogs From Filthy Conditions