By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Media Memorial Day Parade Honors Fallen Service Members
- Great White Shark Leaps Into Fisherman’s Boat
- World War II Vet Gets High School Diploma After 71 Years
- Tiger Kills Zookeeper In Apparent ‘Freak Accident’
- Granite From From Love Park Sent To Sweden Skateboarding City
- Cherry Hill Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony
- Trump Marks Memorial Day With Arlington Visit
- Giraffe Dies From Neck Injuries At Lehigh Valley Zoo
- Flood Advisory Issued For Coastal New Jersey
- 10 Philadelphia Locations Impacted By Chipotle Security Breach