By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- DNC Pens Official Apology To Bernie Sanders After Email Leak
- SEPTA Broad Street Line Service Stopped Short Of Wells Fargo Center
- DNC Holds First Daily Convention Press Meeting
- #Not1More Campaign Marches In Philly For Immigration Reform
- Eva Longoria, Boyz II Men, Demi Lovato Among Opening Night Program For DNC
- Al Gore Endorses Hillary Clinton
- Bernie Delegates Contemplate Convention Disruption
- Democratic Party Members, Leaders Speak On Unity At PA Delegate Breakfast
- Hospice Worker’s Cover Of Adele Hit Goes Viral
- Wasserman Schultz Says She Will Not Gavel In Party’s Convention