By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- SEPTA Offers Amnesty To Man Who Took Camera Left Behind At Subway
- Police: Suspect Jumps Into Schuylkill River During Chase, Now In Custody
- Nonprofit Helps Inner City Youth Prepare For Jobs In Tech Industry
- Ad Agency Makes Statement With Anti-Trump Food Truck
- Former PA AG Kathleen Kane Sentenced To 10 To 23 Months In Prison
- Philadelphia School District Launches State Of The Art Media Production Facility For Students
- Jared Fogle’s Ex-Wife Sues Subway, Alleging It Failed To Alert Authorities He Was Pedophile
- Girl Scout Cookie Cereal Is A Real Thing And Happening Soon
- Pa. Touts New Service To Search For Life Insurance Policies
- Nearly 6,000 Funeral Directors Attend Convention In Center City