2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Penn Study Claims Medical Marijuana Might Help Prevent Overdose Deaths
- Cops: Wife Fatally Shot By Husband Inside South Jersey Hospital
- Margate’s Lucy The Elephant To Take ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Casino Owner: Showboat Will Shut Down Sunday
- Pop-up Park On The Delaware To Remain Open Through September
- Pedestrian Reportedly Seriously Injured After Being Struck By Vehicle In Wildwood
- Video: Bull Turns The Tables On Rider, Fighters At Rodeo In South Jersey
- Warm Wednesday: Heat & Humidity Remind Us It’s Still August
- Bodies Of Two Men Found In Schuylkill River; Third Man Found Stabbed
- Police: Two Men Posing As Cops Rob Distribution Center In Fishtown