By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Philadelphia Car Museum Brings Home Gold For Second Time
- Philadelphia Church Celebrates 225 Years Of ‘Legacy, Faith, Hope’
- Stockton University To Host Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch
- New CDC Figures Show High Vaccination Rate For Philadelphia Children
- New App Teaches Deaf to Pray
- Appraisers Debate Most Expensive Painting Ever Sold At Auction
- Philly Teen Claims He Was Kicked Off Basketball Team For Not Observing National Anthem
- What Are Philly’s Chances To Host Amazon Headquarters?
- Time Running Out For Seniors To Enroll In Medicare
- Analysis: Pennsylvania House, Senate In A ‘Salamandoff’