2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Police Say They Might Have Spotted Ambush Suspect
- Porn Email Scandal Leads To Suspension Of Pa. Justice
- Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Blaze At Nursing Home In Doylestown
- Retired Philadelphia Police Officer Murdered In Virginia
- 2 Big Name Stores Breathing New Life Into Center City’s Retail Landscape
- EXCLUSIVE: Mother Pleads For Help In Finding Daughter’s Stolen Custom-Made Wheelchair
- Boil Water Advisory Issued For Part Of Northampton Township
- Showers Return To The Forecast; Cloud Threat Impacts Chance To View Meteor Shower
- Police Investigate Double Shooting In Trenton
- Leagues File To Stop New Jersey Sports Betting