By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Exclusive Tour: Bourse Set To Reopen In June
- Philly Woman Taking Vintage Eagles Material And Giving It New Life
- SEPTA Will Be Ready For NFC Championship Game Crowds
- Die-Hard Eagles Fans Share Their Game Day Superstitions
- Philly Police Issue Business, Parking Restrictions Ahead Of NFC Championship Game
- ‘It’s No Joke Down In Philly’: Minnesota Travel Agents Warn Vikings Fans About Philadelphia
- After Hawaii Missile Mishap, Experts Warn Of 9-1-1, EAS Vulnerabilities
- Protesters Prep For Women’s March On Philadelphia At Sign Making Party
- Police: Man Gunned Down Inside Philadelphia Grocery Store
- University of Alabama Student With NJ Ties Says She Was Wrong After Racist Video