2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Police: SUV Hits Tractor Trailer Into Mayfair House
- Man Shot, $70K Taken In Shopping Center Parking Lot In Northeast Philadelphia
- Police Investigate Disturbing Case Of Vandalism In Cape May County
- Six Flags Great Adventure Announces New Roller Coaster Expected To Debut In 2015
- US Approves Pennsylvania Medicaid Plan
- Instagram Back After Experiencing Technical Issues
- Camden Police Make Public Outreach A Top Priority
- Gov. Corbett Prevails In Tussle With White House Over Medicaid Expansion Rules
- Rally in Camden, NJ For Ferguson, Mo. Teen Shot By Police
- Penn Museum To Display Ancient Human Skeleton