2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Jury Hears 9-1-1 Call Of Fiancee Of Craigslist Murder Victim
- West Chester U. Worker Contracts Legionnaires’ Disease
- Northeast Philly Car Crash Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Critical
- Comcast, Amazon Competing For Top Tech Talent In Philly
- New Show To Feature Erace Brothers Of Green Aisle Grocery
- Jay Lloyd’s Getaway: Crab Feast Getaway
- This Friday, Much Of The World Will Be Seeing A Blue Moon
- Philadelphia District Attorney Holds Summer Community Walk In Northern Liberties
- NJ Pension Solution: Hit Up The Feds For A Loan?
- American Pharoah Arrives In New Jersey For William Hill Haskell Invitational