2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Northern Liberties Hosts 7th Annual 2nd Street Festival
- Wolf Plans To ‘Soon’ Unveil New Choice To Head State Police
- Man Goes Overboard, Spends 4 Hours In Water Before Rescue
- Pedestrian Struck, Critically Injured By Car In Roxborough
- Hotel Rooms Still Available For Pope’s Visit To Philadelphia
- PA: Month #2 With No Budget And No Sign Of Deal
- Hamels Takes Out Ad In Sunday Paper Thanking Phillies Fans
- SEPTA Papal Passes Set To Go On Sale Via Online Lottery
- ‘Dark Money’ Disclosure Rules Now The Law In Philadelphia
- Dozens Of Child Support Offenders Arrested In Burlington County