2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- SUV Plows Into Northeast Philly Pharmacy
- Local Restaurant Serves Up Free Cheesesteaks After Owner Bet Against The Eagles
- I-Team: Local Mom Protests Major Toymaker Over Race Of Dolls
- Christie Vetoes Politically Charged Pig Crate Bill
- Law To Curb Fatal Overdoses About To Take Effect
- UPDATE: Missing Del. Teen Found Safe
- Shoppers Head Out In Droves In Philadelphia Area
- All Aboard! Reading Terminal Market’s Annual Holiday Railroad Is Up And Running
- Former Philadelphia Police Captain Joins Ferguson Protestors — Wearing Old Uniform
- 1 Injured After Truck Crashes Into Bridge In Bucks County