2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- PennDOT Begins Repaving on 14 Miles of State Highways Through Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Bike Share Program Begins In April
- Judge Weighs ‘Mental Anguish’ Law Opposed By Convicted Cop-Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
- Phila. City Council Postpones Action on Food Truck Propane Tank Inspections
- Stepfather Charged With Murder In Death Of 9-Week-Old NJ Girl
- Phillies to Begin Metal-Detector Screening of Every Ticketholder at Citizens Bank Park
- Councilman Pushes To Increase Valet Parking Zones For Night Clubs Along Delaware Ave.
- Oh, The Irony: Easter Egg Cookies Sold In Pa. Voluntarily Recalled For Containing Eggs
- Phila. Lawmakers Move To Tighten Enforcement of Boot-and-Tow Parking Regulations
- Del. Man Arrested For 2 Violent Crimes, Including Alleged Assault On Elderly Woman