By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Cheyney University Fighting To Keep Accreditation
- Sounds Of The Season: Longwood Gardens
- Mayor-Elect Kenney Focuses On Education, Crime At First Town Hall Meeting
- Jahlil Okafor Apologizes For Boston Fight On Twitter
- Financial Firm Predicts More Atlantic City Casinos Will Close
- Kobe Bryant Back Home To Play Sixers After Announcing Retirement
- Two Firefighters, One Civilian Injured In Olney Garage Fire
- Youth Football Team In Chester Hits Obstacle On Way To Championship
- Someone In New Jersey Played The Lottery And Won $1 Million
- ‘Tis The Season For Digital Deals