By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- VP Nominee Tim Kaine On Donald Trump: ‘It’s Like He Thinks We’re Gullible’
- Students React As Springfield Township HS Benches Varsity Football For The Season
- Donald Trump Announces Surprise Meeting With Mexican President
- Officials: Argument, Not ‘Knockout’ Game, Led To Deadly Punch
- Delaware Boy With Brain Cancer Becomes Police Officer For A Day
- Sources: Federal Grand Jury Scrutinizing How Local 98 Financed Political Campaigns
- Good Shepherd Worshipers Gather For Vigil Outside Fire-Damaged Church
- Marlton Sports Bar Closes After 21 Years
- Chris Brown Arrested At Home On Assault Charge
- 12-Year-Old Girl, 2 Men Shot In North Phila. Triple Shooting