2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Montgomery County Family Struggles To Contact Loved Ones In Nepal
- WATCH: Leah Still Scores Touchdown At Temple’s Cherry And White Game
- 1 Arrest Made In Brawl At Broad Street Line Station
- Second Man Charged In Killing Of High School Hoops Player
- Prosecutors: School Official Inappropriately Touched Teen
- Family Killed In Car Chase Remembered In Mural
- 3 Juveniles Charged For Gas Station Beating
- 2 Charged In Armed Robbery Of Twins
- Police Identify Delivery Driver Shot And Killed In Crescentville
- South Jersey Mother In Custody Dispute Goes Free After 8 Years In Jail