2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- GoFundMe Site Set Up For Acclaimed Philly Chef Injured In Amtrak Derailment
- Atlantic City’s Jitneys Celebrate 100th Anniversary With Throwback Fares
- Study: Ongoing Symptoms Of Depression And A Person’s Risk Of Stroke Are Linked
- Loose Cow Keeps Traffic From Moo-Ving On I-295 Off-Ramp In New Jersey
- AAA: More Travelers Driving This Memorial Day Weekend, Likely Due To Low Gas Prices
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life
- 2-Alarm Fire Rips Through Camden Home
- Jane Seymour To Feature Her Artwork At Jersey Shore Gallery Memorial Day Weekend
- Jersey Shore Merchants Hope For Strong Start To Summer
- Do Contenders for ‘Song of the Summer’ Strike a Chord with You?