2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Weather: Threat Of Rain Increases As August Begins
- Police: 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Nicetown Triple Shooting
- Police: Woman Reportedly Punched, Dragged At Playground In Bensalem
- City Officials React To Philadelphia Police Corruption Indictments
- City Officials Say Without Passage Of Cigarette Tax, Philadelphia Schools May Not Open On Time
- Regional Rail Service Suspended On West Trenton Line Due To Collision
- Person Struck And Killed By SEPTA Train In Delaware County
- Philadelphia Welcomes Woman Sentenced To Death in Sudan For Being Christian
- Southbound Lanes Of I-495 Reopen Today, Weeks Ahead Of Schedule
- Jenkintown Teacher Gets Probation After Pleading Guilty to Sex With Student