By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Rare Slice Of Delaware River Waterfront Property On Auction Block
- Push To Ban Controversial “Anti-Gay” Therapy Introduced In Congress
- Celebration Of Black Art Throughout May In Philadelphia
- Adopted Siblings To Race In Wheelchair Division of Broad Street Run
- Work Begins For ‘Great Chefs’ Fundraiser In Philly
- Camden County Middle School Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Student
- Nissan To Recall More Than 3 Million Vehicles Worldwide
- Spring Comes To Life At The Barnes Arboretum For Arbor Day
- Jury Deliberations Begin In North Philly Rape Double Murder Cold Case
- Startups Take Advantage Of New Medical Marijuana Law With ‘CannaBusiness’