By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- National Constitutional Center Puts Spotlight On Alexander Hamilton
- Customers Looking For Big Discounts As Toys ‘R’ Us Begins Liquidation Sale
- Report Looks At Impact Of Suburban Charter Schools
- Forensic Pathologist: Penn State Pledge May Have Survived If Frat Brothers Called For Help Sooner
- Search On For Good Samaritans Who Saved Elderly Man From Burning Home Near Rutgers-Camden Dorm
- List Of Local ‘March For Our Lives’ Rallies Happening March 24
- New Drug Treatment Program In Burlington County Allows Residents To Walk In And Ask For Help
- US Postal Service Immortalizes Mister Rogers With A Forever Stamp
- 24 Panera Restaurants Offering Delivery Service To Philadelphia Market
- ‘Tournament Of Tails’ Raising Money, Awareness For Shelter Animals