By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Baby Thrown From 3rd Floor In Philly 2-Alarm Fire
- N.J. State Police Trooper Killed In Line of Duty Following Millville Crash
- St. Mary Nurse Gets The Super Model Treatment
- Riders React To New Uber Feature, Tracking Your Location After Your Ride
- Police: Teen Shot Twice During Potential Robbery In Germantown
- Joe Biden Leaves The Door Open For A 2020 Run
- Cat Helps Police Catch Lancaster County Fugitive
- Sharing The Road: What Rules Should Drivers Be Following?
- New Research Says Eating Nuts Daily Could Have Huge Health Benefits
- Train Route Threatens To Derail Chanel No. 5 Production In France