By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Barricade Situation Declared After Man Shot On Philly Highway
- Good Samaritans, Firefighters Rescue 7 Residents From Burning NJ Beach House
- Frontier Offering Non-Stop Flights From PHL To San Juan, Introductory $59 Fares
- New Jersey Health Officials Warning Pet Owners About Deadly Rat-Borne Disease
- Police: Caretaker Charged After Toddler Found Dead In West Oak Lane
- Federal Government Motion Says Philly DA Seth Williams’ Trial Would Last More Than 2 Weeks Due To Evidence
- Bill O’reilly Apologizes After Making Racially Charged Joke About Congresswoman
- Renewed EMS Service Debate In South Jersey
- Local Expert Says Trump’s Climate Regulations May Set Public Health Back 50 Years
- PA Senate Revives Bill On Challenges To Local Gun Laws