By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Tulsa Police Officer Pleads Not Guilty In Shooting Death
- Worried About Fake Bank Accounts In Your Name? Here’s What You Need To Know
- California Gov Signs Mandatory Minimum Sentence Bill After Brock Turner Case
- U.S. Calls Philippines President’s Hitler Comments ‘Troubling’
- Carson Puts Philly’s Wentz Street On The Map
- Bruce Springsteen Signs Absent Letter For Philly Student Who Skipped To Meet Him
- Philadelphia Orchestra Declines To Perform Due To Strike As Theater Fills On Opening Night
- Popular Philadelphia Gay Bar Owner Under Fire For Racist Remarks
- Camden County Embracing Ability For People To Text 911 During Emergencies
- Governor Christie Announces NJ Gas Tax Hike To Fund Road Projects