2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- New Study Takes A Look At The Benefits Of Breastfeeding
- Donation Keeps Curtains Open For Philadelphia Theatre Company
- ‘Pre-Pups’ Decide Who Gets The Pet In The Event Of A Divorce
- Delaware Senator Says The Time Is Now For Action On Postal Reform
- Tech Problems And Language Barriers Getting In The Way Of Federal Health Coverage For Some
- FDA: Don’t Turn To Online Marketplaces To Treat Concussions
- One Dead In Crash In Bethel Township
- ‘Made In America’ Clean-up Continues Overnight
- Council Rock High School Community Mourns Death Of 3 Local Teens
- Hackers Leak Hundreds Of Nude Celebrity Photos Online, Causing Many To Worry About Privacy