2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Police Search For Killer Of Delaware Valley Charter High School Student
- The 5 Best Steps To Prevent Heart Disease
- For College Students, Four Years Is No Longer The Norm
- Guilty Pleas In Ironworkers Federal Racketeering Case
- UPDATE: SB Right Lane Of NE Extension At Quakertown Expected To Stay Closed Until 2pm
- The Long Process Of Restoring The Historic Mt. Moriah Cemetery
- Medical Emergency Forces Philly-Bound Plane To Land In London
- Uber Rolls Out Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
- Tractor Trailer Accidents Close Lanes On I-95 And Turnpike NE Extension
- Corbett, Wolf Joust Over Taxes, Finances In Debate