By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Actor Shia LaBeouf Begins 4-Year Donald Trump Protest Live Stream
- President Trump Hit With Ethics Complaint On Day One
- Unity Soccer Cup Will Return To Philadelphia
- A Lesson In The Peaceful Transfer Of Power From John Adams And Thomas Jefferson
- Work Continues On Bridge Improvements Along Garden State Parkway
- Trump Signs Executive Order To ‘Ease The Burden Of Obamacare’
- Pre-Kindergarten Expansion Approaches Full Enrollment
- ‘SNL’ Writer Criticized For Tweeting Barron Trump ‘Will Be This Country’s First Homeschool Shooter’
- High School Students Express Optimism, Concern Following President Trump’s Inauguration
- Over 200 Arrested As Violent Protests Rage In Nation’s Capital On Trump’s Inauguration Day