2 Men Shot, At Least 1 By Police, In North Philadelphia
By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Suspected Drunk Driver In Northeast Philly
- Philadelphia Police Shoot, Kill Home Invasion Suspect in Northeast Philly
- Decision By Federal Judge Could Put Foreign ‘Prying Eyes’ On Your Email
- New Philadelphia GameStop Policy Requires Customer Fingerprints When Trading In Games
- Red Light Cameras Begin Operation In Abington Township
- Police: 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Nicetown Triple Shooting
- Saxbys Offers Free Iced Coffee Every Friday In August
- Weather: Threat Of Rain Increases As August Begins
- Police: Woman Punched, Dragged By Hair At Bucks County Playground
- City Officials React To Philadelphia Police Corruption Indictments