By Elizabeth Hur
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Authorities say two people were shot, at least one by police, in the Fairhill section of Philadelphia Sunday afternoon.
This happened just after 3 p.m. near a block party on the 3200 block of North Randolph Street.
Police arrived to the scene and found one man shot multiple times. He was taken to Temple Hospital where he is in critical condition.
Police believe there are three men in total who were initially involved in the incident. When police arrived to the scene, they tried to run, but police found one collapsed in the street and another inside a nearby home.
One officer reportedly discharged his weapon, and it is believed he struck one of the suspects. That man was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition.
No police officers were injured.
Two of the suspects are in the hospital at this time and one is in police custody.
Officials stress this is all preliminary information and it remains possible both suspects may have been shot by police.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Several Injured After Being Sprayed With ‘Noxious Substance’ In London
- Philly’s Puerto Rican Day Parade Takes On Different Tone In Wake Of Hurricane Maria
- Vehicle Fire Shuts Down Portion Of I-95 In Philadelphia
- 6.1 Magnitude Quake Shakes Mexico, Already Coping With Earlier Disasters
- NFL Commissioner, LeBron James Blast Trump For Tweets Against Athletes
- Thousands Celebrate Recovery With Walk Through Old City
- Officials: 18 Workers Exposed To Unknown Material At Delaware Research Facility
- Philly Police Search For Missing Elderly Woman
- Firefighters Climb Linc Stairs In Memory Of Those Lost On 9-11
- ‘I Felt Like We Were Going To Die’: Area Residents Escape Devastation In Puerto Rico