AAA Mid-Atlantic Offers Tips To Avoid Gridlock On Area Highways
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The SEPTA transit strike comes as roadwork takes place in several areas in the region.
More vehicles than usual are expeted to jam the roads as regional rail riders look for alternative ways to get to where they are going. AAA Mid-Atlantic is offering travel tips.
Roadwork is planned on I-95 in Philadelphia between Girard and Allegheny Avenues, there is the I-495 bridge closure in Wilmington, Delaware and PATCO train track work continues on the Ben Franklin Bridge.
Jenny Robinson with AAA Mid-Atlantic has tips on avoiding gridlock during the SEPTA regional rail strike.
“You can look at Flex time, see if you can adjust your work or travel schedule,” Robinson says. “Avoid rush hour if you can. Some folks are able to work from home, so that’s another option. Carpool. And by the way, SEPTA is saying its regional rail station parking lots will be free parking, so you can’t actually take the train but you can park there for free, so that’s a potential location where you can arrange a carpool.”
AAA Mid-Atlantic says you may want to explore alternate routes, like if you are heading to Delaware beaches use the New Jersey Turnpike instead of I-95 or I-495.
- Philadelphia Police Union Head Angered by Anti-Racism Protests Here
- Billionaire Carl Icahn Offers $20M Infusion to Avert Taj Mahal Shutdown
- Reflecting Decades of Integrity, Local Nonprofit Leader Awarded Presidential Pardon
- Montco Veterans’ Court Judge Dismayed at Killing Spree By Client
- Lyft Gets Pa. Regulatory Nod…Except In Philly