Nearly One Month Later, Victim Of Brutal Center City Beating Continues To Recover
By Diana Rocco
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s been nearly a month since a vicious beating, and the victim is still bruised and in pain.
On Wednesday, Eyewitness News was able to speak to him off camera, but he is still very shaken up and says he hopes his attackers are caught.
Nick Forte, 36, was jumped and left for dead nearly one month ago. He had broken bones throughout his face and body.
Police have just released surveillance video from the brutal beating that occurred in the early morning hours of Nov. 11th.
“Our victim is walking down the street, he’s by himself, he’s approached from behind by a male who punches him and clearly knocks him out,” says Lt. Patrick Doherty, of the Philadelphia Police.
Forte tells Eyewitness News he still doesn’t remember much of what happened, but he recognizes the men in the video from the South 12th Street bar he was in just before the attack.
Forte says he had an argument with the doorman then left the bar. The doorman and another man then followed Forte around the corner to St. James and 12th Street, where they attacked him.
“There were some words exchanged that caused it to rise to this level,” Lt. Doherty says.
One man hit Forte over the head and then the other can be seen punching him until he’s unconscious. Forte says he was lying in the alley for an hour in a pool of blood with a broken rib and broken bones in his feet.
Luckily, a woman finally stopped to help him.
Forte says he was also robbed of his phone, passport and chain and spent the next five days in the hospital. Since then, he’s undergone one surgery and needs extensive facial reconstructive surgery.
Anyone with information on the beating is asked to call police.