Share Your Thoughts: Happy Anniversary Ukee!

Ukee Washington is celebrating 25 years with Eyewitness News. Many of you have been waking up to Ukee and starting your day with him for years. Now’s you chance to share your love and thoughts. Happy 25th Anniversary Ukee!!! We love you!

PHOTO GALLERY:
Ukee Through The Years

Share your thoughts below and they may air on TV.

Comments

1. Shelley King says:

My Friend – I have been trying to figure out how to get in touch with you and say Happy Birthday! I hope somehow this gets to you – though a week late – lol Hope you and your family are doing well – Miss you – Shelley from Dallas

2. BOBBIE SULLIVAN says:

UKEE YOU,AND BOB MAKE THE SHOW IN THE MORNING. I DONT LIKE ANY OTHER AND WONT WATCH AS LONG AS YOU 2 ARE THERE. YOU GUYS LEAVE SO DO I. I LOVE TO HEAR YOU SAY “GOOD MORNING FAMILY”. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT 4:30 THANKS BOBBIE SULLIVAN

3. Claire from Smyrna says:

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary Ukee. I began watching you when you co-anchored with Liz Kepner. The two of you and Jim Kelly kept me laughing. I really miss Liz…..I mean really!!!!!!! You are the epitiome of smooth; and might add you are also a class act. Keep it comin’. Love you.

4. coni from newark de says:

Go Ukee!! Go Ukee!! Go Ukee!!
    You’re relaxed, genuine demeanor encourages everyone to watch you. I also love your sense of humor, especially when you dance around the studio!
    Keep up the great work . . . we all look forward to hearing your voice first thing in the morning when we turn our TVs on (I know I do). Thank you for being there for us throughout these past 25 years.
    “Good Morning Families”.

5. Estelle Pettey says:

Happy 25th Ukee. I ran into you once on the elevator at Hahnemann Hospital, and addressed you as Denzel’s cousin…LOL. You were so gracious and friendly, just the way we see you on screen. I love your fresh perspectives on the news in its delivery. Keep up the good work, and long life to you.

6. Robin Mackintosh says:

Ukee..Congratulations on a job…or should I say JOBS well done…Twenty five years worth..way to go. I owe you two rounds..one of golf and one of drinks (ice tea) of course. Here’s to twenty five more…See you soon, I hope. Robin

7. Jane says:

All best wishes, Ukee, on your 25th anniversary! When I first started listening to your broadcasts many years ago, the timbre of your voice told me, “Here is a man who sings!” Beautiful tone! It carries over into your speaking voice, and I have had the pleasure of hearing clear, and well-spoken news reports ever since. You are a master of the English language and you use your fine talent well on the air. I enjoy listening to news well presented…intelligently, – with humor, compassion, dignity and class. You are all of these! BRAVO on a job well done. I hope to enjoy listening to you for many more years to come. To a gentleman and a scholar, congratulations!

8. Tina says:

I remember when Ukee first came to this area I engraved a braclet with Kelly on it at Sears I thought what a wonderful man He is my favorite news anchorman I am so happy for him Congrats Ukee!

9. Beth Soligo says:

Happy, Happy Anniversary Ukee! You and your team are the only ones I will alllow to deliver my local news. I enjoy you emmensely. Thanks for sharing the day with me. God Bless!

10. Rose says:

Happy Anniversary Ukee, I only watch Channel 3 when you and Pat Ciarrocchi are on. You make a great team.

Thanks for making us part of your “family”

Good luck and God Bless

1. Yvette says:

From: Anthony & Yvette

Happy Anniversay Ukee. My husband & I LOVE you. We will not watch any other news program and that has to do with you and your wonderful personality.

Have a blessed day and continued success.

11. mark spinelli says:

Happy 25th Ukee…and many more…it’s great to see a hometown Philly guy be such a success.

I met you once at a all star b ball game my daughter was playing in several years ago you were covering with the mayor–you are a true gentleman.

BTW, when I watch you with chef Walter it’s obvious you’re another food lover!

Thanks for the great job.

12. Andrew says:

Hey Now always remember being in Cooperstown the day The Philadelphia Phillies took over the town and me and my wife was standing near our car near the school as you were walking by and i yelled out to you and you turned and said hello like you knew who you where waving and talking too..and it has always made my wife and myself feel like we have been a personal friend of yours and our family…..hope you have enjoyed your mornings for the past 25 as we have enjoyed them being informed by you and Pat, Gary, Carol and the many other you have worked with over the years in the morning

13. Angel says:

UKEE!!!! I am 25 years old and spent almost a while watching you on CBS on channel 3 (or channel 10 when it was on there.) Happy Anniversary, Ukee!! I never knew you were a sports reporter, it explains a lot about you knowledge about sports while doing to morning news. I LOVE Talk Philly and you and Pat together. Here’s to 25 more years!!

-Angel

14. kate says:

true profession. wishing you much happiness in the future, good health and here’s to another 25!

15. Tracey says:

UKEE, always watch you starting at 4:30 until 6:55, I do so because you are so professional, with a nice sense of humor too. Enjoyed Pat’s tribute to you it was great seeing different segments of you over the years. Cheers to you on your 25th anniversary with CBS and many more!!

16. Audrey says:

Happy Anniversary Ukee. I really enjoy watching you every morning and I hope to continue to watch you for another 25 years.

17. Lynn Webb says:

Happy, Happy 25th, Ukee! You and your terrific sense of humor are the only reason for rising so early in the morning. Always the eternal professional and true gentleman. DVR’ing your 4:30-7am show today so I don’t miss a minute of your celebration when I get home. Thanks for a wonderful 25 years…and here’s to 25 more! See you at the Brandywine Regal!
    Lynn & Retired Upper Chichester Police Sgt. Jack Webb (Just the fax ma’am…)

18. Rev. Robert Scott says:

Happy Anniversary,Ukee Be blessed,And be a blessing as you have been over the years.Keep up the good work

19. Ruby L. COPPADGE says:

Mrs. COPPADGE

CONGRATULATIONS UKEE! I am proud of your accomplishments over the past 25 years.Keep up the good work.May God continue to bless you.

Love,
    The Copoadge Family

20. jo says:

Your a bum

1. mark spin says:

If you’re going to leave a disrespectful comment, at least take a moment to learn English. Third graders know the difference between your & you’re.

21. Valerie Herring says:

Congrats on 25 years Ukee! Love watching you on t.v. You are such a down to earth, lovable guy. Rainy days are brighter with your smile and sense of humor. I always have to hear you say, “Now stay tune for the Young and the Restless.” I’m glad you love your job, because your audience will never let you retire! Ha! Ha! : )
    Valerie Herring

22. Maria of Hatboro says:

Hi UKee, Here’s to another 25. Years. CBS wouldn’t be the same without your smiling face. You are always such a gentleman. Keep up the great work.

23. Helen Shepperson says:

Happy anniversity, Ukie!
    I have wanted to send a mssg. to you for so long, and now, I have the chance:
    Your are a wonderful anchor for CBS3, and I love seeing Pat and you, everyday. You are easy, fun, funny, talented and just plain great guy.
    Please don’t ever leave.
    LOVE YOU, UKIE!!!

24. wallyhorse says:

Happy anniversary. Hard to believe it has been 25 years.

I’m sure at the same time, today is a bittersweet day because as I’m sure you know by now, former Channel 3 anchor and longtime CNBC anchor Mark Haines passed away last night (that news was announced on CNBC just before 10:00 this morning).

25. Thea Ann Flores says:

Happy 25th Anniversary Ukee! You have been my favorite for years. Always a gentleman and always professional. I met you twice and you always took the time to take a quick picture with me. You will have many more years of pleased viewers. CBS is Blessed to have you. Go Ukee! Go!

26. Carolyn says:

Congratulations Ukee, on your anniversary of 25 years and many more to come!
    You deserve a lot of praise for a job well done at CBS 3!!!

27. Sharon says:

Happy Anniversary Ukee!! I’ve watched you “grow up” as I’ve done the same (just celebrated 25 year reunion from college) : ) Your broadcasting demonstrates the best of Philadelphia!! Luv ya!!

28. Elease Heyward says:

Happy Anniversay, Ukee you deserve it. I hope you have many more anniversary with KYW 3.

Elease Heyward

29. Toni says:

Happy Anniversary Ukee! I am pleased to be a part of your viewing family. I hope you continue to wake me up in the morning for the next 25 years. Congrats.

30. Norma says:

Congratulations on 25 years!! And you still look so young. Continue onward and upward! Here’s to 25 more! Happy Anniversary!

31. Paul Lucci says:

Happy Anniversary Ukee. Wow 25 years. I have been watching you for all those years! You have truly entertained me over the years. You are the man and the reason I enjoy CBS 3 / KYW. Thanks and hope you stick around for a lot longer.

32. Stephanie Patterson says:

Happy Anniversary, Ukee! You have consistently represented yourself and KYW with class. Your news reporting and interviews demonstrate a wealth of knowledge, sensitivity, and passion. I wonder how many kids at this moment are saying, “I want to do what Ukee does when I grow up.” BRAVO!

Comments are closed.