“I’m angry anytime anyone gets hurt in this city, whether it be by guns or any other method. You know, it’s about violence. It’s about the culture of violence, and a mindset in that regard,” the mayor said.
Police say Shakeem Carter stabbed Kevin Allen more than twenty times before dousing the body in vegetable oil and setting it on fire.
Police are looking for 19-year-old Maurice Andrews, who is known to hang out in Philadelphia, Norristown, and Pottstown.
In 2012, there were 89 murders by this date. This year, it’s only 54.
Prosecutors asked the judge to close the evidence-suppresion hearing and seal the testimony of a special agent from the Department of Homeland Security because it could jeopardize the safety of others and compromise ongoing investigations.
Cooperating witness Lamont Lewis says he knew his role in the gang, and did it without question.
Lamont Lewis, 36, says he started cooperating with prosecutors to save his own life — to take the death penalty off the table.
Cindy Burdick admitted assaulting the four-month-old boy in her care last year; he suffered a near-fatal brain injury.
To stop Coleman from testifying against Savage after Coleman was busted, prosecutors allege that Savage ordered the firebombing of Coleman’s family home in North Philadelphia.
One by one, prosecutors read the charges against Raghu Yandamuri during his formal arraignment. And one by one, his attorney answered, “Not guilty.”
Thomas Young, 49, has been on the run since Sunday, when police found a woman stabbed inside a home in the 300 block of Wheatfield Circle in Hatfield, Pa.
Philadelphia police say 42-year-old Rafiq Smith has a history of beating the rap.
Joseph McAndrew’s court-appointed guardian says his client should be able to use his mother’s estate, valued at $1 million, to pay for private counsel and expert psychiatrists in his defense.
Midway through his trial late last year, Paul Vangore pleaded guilty to three felony counts of criminal solicitation to commit kidnapping with the intent to cause bodily injury.
Officials say at least one count of murder is likely to be filed against the man who allegedly engaged police in a shootout. An elderly woman was killed in a nearby apartment.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta