Philadelphia prosecutor Emily Rodriguez, who argued for a one- to two-year sentence for defendant Shaquana Outlaw, says Outlaw nearly hit children crossing the street, then stopped her car and confronted guard Alicia Carranco.
Another former worker at the West Philadelphia abortion clinic of Dr. Kermit Gosnell today testified for the prosecution about the gruesome work and the alleged murders that took place there.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with third-degree murder in the death of Karnamaya Mongar, and seven counts of first-degree murder for allegedly killing late-term fetuses born alive.
The grand jury alleges that 47-year-old Lamont Lucas, a tool room supervisor at the federal prison at 7th and Arch Streets, had sex with a female prisoner assigned there as a clerk.
Lynda Williams, who has pleaded guilty to murder and other charges and is cooperating with prosecutors, told the jury that despite her lack of an license or certification, she routinely did ultrasounds, placed IVs, and administered medicines, with little or no supervision.
Sherry West, who pleaded guilty as part of a plea agreement, testified that she and other workers routinely inserted intravenous lines and administered medications while Gosnell was not at the medical center.
Dwayne Stewart is charged with forging documents to illegally transfer several houses and vacant lots to his own ownership, selling properties he didn’t own, and collecting rents under false pretenses.
Witness Lamont Lewis has admitted to committing 11 murders, including the arson murders of a witness’s family, but the defense contends he is lying about others to help himself.
Cooperating witness Lamont Lewis says he knew his role in the gang, and did it without question.
Lamont Lewis, 36, says he started cooperating with prosecutors to save his own life — to take the death penalty off the table.
There were sharp exchanges during testimony Thursday in the murder trial of abortion Doctor Kermit Gosnell.
24-year-old Gerard Shaffer Jr. was sentenced Wednesday to 11½ to 23 months in prison for the road rage death of 54-year-old Mark Wallace in Northeast Philadelphia in April 2010.
Dr. Kermit Gosnell is charged with murdering seven born-alive babies and an adult woman who died during an abortion.
Opening statements and the start of testimony are underway in one of the most gruesome and disturbing criminal cases in Philadelphia history.
Former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro has been re-sentenced to the same five year sentence for extortion with the threat of violence.
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Memorial Day Weekend: Jersey Shore’s First Big Test After Superstorm Sandy
- Historic Society Hill Church Prepares to Mark Its 250th Anniversary
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta