In its opening contract proposal, the district wants teachers’ work days extended from seven to eight hours, with teachers at the top of the pay scale taking a 13 percent salary cut.
Data from a new study show that teachers who help raise test scores of elementary and middle school students have a positive effect far beyond academics – and it can be measured in dollars and cents.
Although former D.C. Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee lost her job, Rhee has “pivoted hard and has become a national political force to be reckoned with”…
- What's Cooking on 1060: Foraging For Food, Cupcake Milkshakes, and 'Chefs for PAWS'
- Movie Review: 'World War Z'
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody