Tay-Sachs disease is widely known as a genetic disorder among Jews, but a new study is exploring the risk in another group: The Irish.
After three recent cases of Tay-Sachs turned up in the Irish population in the Philadelphia area, it got Einstein Medical Center’s director of clinical genetics, Dr. Adele Schneider, wondering.
The community is hoping to turn up the heat on Abington Hospital, following word that the secular medical facility plans to stop performing abortions after it merges with Holy Redeemer Health System.
- Analysis: Consequences Of A World Without Newspapers
- Annual Bike Ride Raises Funds To Preserve Land In Chester County
- Bala Cynwyd Library To Official Open Doors After Renovation
- Author Looks At Meaning Of Being Disabled, Strength Of Conviction
- Positively Philadelphia: A Brooklyn Flea Market Hops To Philadelphia