The joint venture between Sunoco and the investment firm The Carlyle Group keeps the refinery and its 850 jobs alive.
Chris details the saving of the Sunoco refinery by a private equity firm. He talks to Mark Erlbaum about a video project on the meaning of life, Head of the PA GOP Mike Barley, Congressman Pat Meehan about the latest in the Fast and Furious investigation, and Conservative Blogger Pamela Geller.
Delaware County has released the results of a $100,000 study looking into the future of the closed Sunoco oil refinery in Marcus Hook.
What has brought the region to this stage, where two major oil refineries have been shut down and a third could join them in a couple of months?
If, like most people, you’re worried about gasoline prices, you might.
The tiny town of Marcus Hook, Pa. depended heavily on earned income taxes from the Sunoco plant, now closed. Its local economy is in trouble.
So, with a half-billion-dollar potential hit to the regional economy looming in just three months, what does the future hold for the Delaware Valley’s three local refineries? Sunoco CEO Brian MacDonald isn’t sure.
“These assets are critical and need to be treated as such by the government,” says Charles Drevna, head of the American Fuel and Petroleum Manufacturers Association.
Chris covers the story of FOX 29 not airing video on Mayor Nutter patting a woman’s buttocks while bowling and discusses the issue with Dan Gross of the Daily News. He talks to Marcus Hook Mayor James Schiliro about the status of the Sunoco refinery in Marcus Hook and to Chuck Darrow of the Daily News about the death of a casino executive in Atlantic City.
Sunoco is idling a refinery in suburban Philadelphia, and the company says about 490 layoffs are expected.
Governor Tom Corbett says he’s working to preserve and create jobs on two major fronts in the Philadelphia region.
Sunoco says it will try to sell its refineries in Philadelphia and Marcus Hook, and if that’s not possible, they’ll be shut down next July.
Union workers gathered outside Sunoco’s annual shareholders’ meeting in center city Philadelphia to voice fears that the company may close its two area refineries.
The body of an unidentified male was found floating in the Schuylkill River near the Sunoco Refinery Tuesday.
Some diesel fuel was accidentally released into the atmosphere overnight at the Sunoco refinery at 28th and Passyunk in Philadelphia.
- Local Non-Profit To Name ‘Best Storyteller In Philadelphia’
- Philadelphia Remains 5th Largest City In Country
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...