Sister Cities Park
Deputy Mayor for environmental and community resources Michael DiBerardinis says recent improvements have been remarkable, including $20 million in streetscape improvements, the new Barnes Foundation, the renovated Rodin Museum, Sister Cities Park and the restored Logan Square.
Specifically, the Center City District was touted for its $5.2 million renovations of the Sister Cities Park, located at 16th Street and the Ben Franklin Parkway.
Today marks the fourth heat wave of the summer, as temperatures rose for a third day in a row – into the 90s.
Dozens of Catholics gathered in Sister Cities Park for a vigil to protest the Vatican’s crackdown on the women religious. The vigil is just one of dozens of protests nationwide.
Officials cut the ribbon one year to the day after ground was broken on the $5-million project that’s designed to draw visitors through a variety of amenities.
The Phlash Downtown Loop returns for the 2012 season, beginning on Friday, with a couple of new destinations.
Philadelphia’s “Sister Cities Park,” on Logan Square, is getting a facelift, designed with the “wow” factor in mind.
- 3 Hurt In Apparent Explosion At Coatesville Steel Plant
- Camden Man Pleads Guilty To Cashing Stolen Checks
- Fear Of Sandy Damage At Jersey Shore Leaves Rental Inventory On The Books
- Plenty To Do If You’re Staying In Town For Memorial Day Weekend
- Reproduction Of Historic Slave Ship Arrives At Seaport Museum
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta