San Francisco Giants
Madison Bumgarner allowed two homers and got knocked out early for the second time this postseason and the San Francisco Giants once again got off to a bad start to a series at home, losing Game 1 of the NL championship series 6-4 to the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday night.
Not just any comeback would get San Francisco back to playing for a pennant. It would take one of Giant proportions.
Cincinnati’s ace is out of action. His replacement let the Reds down on Wednesday. Now, they are turning to Mat Latos — their biggest offseason addition — to avoid an unprecedented playoff meltdown.
Hardly able to get a hit, the San Francisco Giants used a misplayed grounder to prolong their NL playoff series.
It’s Hunter Pence bobblehead night at the Phillies tonight. One problem: the Phils traded Pence last month.
Jimmy Rollins hit an RBI single to lift the Philadelphia Phillies to a 4-3 victory over the San Francisco Giants in 12 innings Sunday.
All-Star pitchers Cole Hamels and Matt Cain hit homers in the same inning, and Gregor Blanco drove in the tiebreaking run with a drag bunt single in the 10th to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 6-5 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Saturday.
After a 4-2 roadtrip through Denver and Los Angeles, the Phillies are back home Friday night to open a six-game homestand with the first of three against the San Francisco Giants.
Cliff Lee threw 10 innings of shutout ball, but the Phillies offense didn’t produce a run and Philadelphia lost to the Giants 1-0 in 11 innings.
The Philadelphia Phillies had the chance to build a nice lead in the first inning just the way they did against Tim Lincecum a night earlier.
Roy Halladay walked Aubrey Huff in the fifth inning on a close inside pitch, caught the ball from catcher Carlos Ruiz and stared at home plate umpire Marty Foster for several seconds.
Ryan, who was 9 years old at the time but has since turned 10, was visiting from Philadelphia with his family and had just left a baseball game between the San Francisco Giants and Philadelphia Phillies at the ballpark.
Charlie Manuel thinks Pat Burrell may join the Giants front office.
Walter White says his grandson, Ryan, was transferred to CHOP on Monday and appears to be making progress.
The Phillies will be without Placido Polanco when they open a three-game series against the Dodgers in Los Angeles on Monday. The All-Star third baseman is back in Philadelphia where he will undergo an MRI on his sore left hip.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Movie Theater Tries To Do Right By Couple With Down Syndrome, After They Say They Were Mistreated
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...