A Montgomery County jury awarded the estate of Ellen Gregory Robb more than $124 million in a “wrongful death” civil trial. Rafael Robb is nearing the end of his 5-10 year sentence for voluntary manslaughter.
A seventh death is being linked to a 2013 building collapse in Philadelphia that killed shoppers and workers inside a Salvation Army.
A hearing over subpoenaed records in the fatal Market Street building collapse this spring was postponed Wednesday, but a Philadelphia architect is facing even more requests for documents.
The ongoing grand jury investigation of the building collapse complicates the ability of attorneys in the numerous civil suits to begin what is called “discovery.”
Salvation Army major Charles Deitrick says the fault lies squarely with the owner of the adjacent building and the demolition company hired to tear it down.
The Salvation Army will become the latest defendant in litigation over a deadly Philadelphia building collapse.
As City Council continued its probe Thursday into last month’s tragic building collapse on Market Street, they heard from independent demolition experts who said that city inspectors inspect very little.
Attorneys for 4 people suing over the collapse of the downtown building that killed six people last week lambasted the demolition work after surveying the site Sunday.
Just two days after the accident that killed six people, a shopper in the Salvation Army store has become the second person to file a lawsuit related to the building collapse.
Following the deadly building collapse in Center City on Wednesday, there are indications that a criminal investigation into the collapse could be opened up.
“These are modest people, working people from Hungary,” says Robert Mongeluzzi, who represents the families of the victims. “They’re not asking for some fancy memorial. They’re asking for a simple bench in memory of their children.”
In the midst of the second day of testimony, Judge Thomas O’Neill suggested that all parties in the case meet with another federal judge to engage in settlement discussions. Attorney Robert Mongeluzzi (photo) represents two victims who died in the 2010 crash.
The federal trial in the 2010 “duck boat” accident on the Delaware River that killed two Hungarian students has begun in Philadelphia.
A trial is getting under way in federal court to over the amount two vessel operators may have to pay after a collision of a tugboat-guided barge and a sightseeing boat two years ago in Philadelphia that left two Hungarian students dead.
Attorney Robert Mongeluzzi says that Hunganian students Dawn Schwendtner and Szabolcs Prem would be alive today were it not for the negligence of “Ride the Ducks” and tugboat operator K-Sea Partnerships.