SEPTA says that by the end of 2013 it will no longer require a customer’s gender to be pasted onto a Transpass at purchase time in the form of a sticker. So why not just drop the gender stickers now?
Officers with SEPTA’s transit police have gone on strike following a stalemate in negotiations regarding a new contract.
Subway passengers in New York City have faced jail time or worse for breaking the train’s etiquette rules according to recent article in the New York Times. But could that happen here in Philadelphia? A SEPTA spokesman says no.
SEPTA is upgrading a switching locomotive at Wayne Junction that services its trains, with the help of a $1.2-million EPA grant to reduce diesel air pollution and improve air quality.
Riders on SEPTA’s Silverliner V regional rail cars may wonder why two perfectly good seats at the front of the new cars are roped off with yellow tape.
A grassroots transgender group has kicked off a petition campaign urge the public to take a stand against SEPTA’s gender stickers on transit passes.
SEPTA will cease all operations early Sunday morning because of dangers posed to commuters and workers by Hurricane Irene.
SEPTA riders in the fiscal year that ended June 30th took an extra 13 million trips over the previous year. That’s a four-percent increase which puts the total number of trips in the year at 334 million — the highest since 1989.
This first report by the think tank Brookings finds low-income Philadelphians have good access to mass transit, but not all of those residents have access to lines that will get them to a job.
SEPTA is hitting the road to ask riders what they think about a new system for collecting fares.
SEPTA riders are not being asked to dole out for higher fares in the coming year, but the transit agency is warning that it is quickly running out of cash for station and equipment repairs and upgrades.
The nuclear disaster unfolding in Japan is bringing back bad memories for some of the people involved in a similar accident 32 years ago, at Three Mile Island, in central Pennsylvania.
In the next printing of its Regional Rail schedules, SEPTA will be putting color-coded bands across the top of the timetables.
SEPTA’s Richard Maloney says they are discontinuing the parking cards because of ongoing problems.
- Complaints Filed Against 4 Colleges Over Rapes, Including Swarthmore College
- Wall Street: Online Bets Can Help AC Market Grow
- Prayer-Healing Couple Charged With 3rd Degree Murder In Death Of Son
- Officials In Montgomery County School District Unveil New Security System
- Two Historic Buildings In South Jersey Among State's ''Most Endangered''
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...