The alleged killer had been released from prison just ten days before the murder of officer Moses Walker Jr.
Officer Walker’s mother and other relatives say his murder could have been averted had the Board of Probation and Parole done its job.
The prosecution has presented evidence that both defendants charged with the robbery and murder of Officer Moses Walker made statements admitting their involvement.
Governor Tom Corbett wants the state parole board to investigate the circumstances surrounding the release of a 23-year-old man accused of killing an off-duty Philadelphia police officer.
Philadelphia homicide detectives said on Sunday the second suspect in the murder of Officer Moses Walker, Jr. is in police custody in Montgomery, Alabama.
Police say they are very close to arresting the alleged second suspect; 19-year-old Chancier McFarland.
One of the two men suspected in the murder of Philadelphia Police Officer Moses Walker Jr. allegedly confessed to the crime, according to police sources.
Philadelphia police have not yet filed charges in the murder of Officer Moses Walker Jr., but more details regarding the criminal history of the 23-year-old person of interest have emerged.
- Driver Charged With DUI In Fatal Hit-Run Of Teen In Hatfield Township
- Area Doctor Working On Ways To Get More Lungs For Transplant
- 'Fuel Your Passion For Fashion' With New Package At Philadelphia Hotel
- Culinary Scene Down The Shore Explodes This Summer
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta