Philadelphia Department of Human Services
The townhall is planned for 6 p.m. Wednesday at Towey Rec Center in West Kensington.
City Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown says the hearing will not focus on the specifics of the Tacony basement case but rather the bigger picture of how mentally disabled children and adults are tracked in the city’s public welfare system.
The parents of one of the four mentally disabled people found chained in a Tacony basement last weekend will seek custody of their grandchildren.
The father of Danieal Kelly has been sentenced to prison along with two social workers for their roles in the starvation death of the disabled Philadelphia teen in 2006.
The budget that Mayor Nutter is expected to deliver is expected to be a relatively pain-free spending plan. However, bad news from Harrisburg or D.C. in the future could change that.
Philadelphia district attorney Seth Williams calls the starvation and dehydration death of an infant in a shelter “a sad and disgusting set of facts.”
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...