A new exhibit opens Sunday at the Penn Museum that tells the story of wealth of the Roman empire more than 17 centuries ago.
Philadelphia’s Chinatown — the fourth largest in the nation — promises the ideal location to celebrate and learn more about the holiday and Asian heritage, but it’s not the only option this year.
Some folks are celebrating the end of the Mayan calendar on Friday night.
If you believe those super-smart ancients, the Mayas, it’s officially The End of The World As We Know It on 12/21/12. Here’s where to go out in style in the Philly area.
The Penn Museum’s “Run! Super-Athletes of the Sierra Madre” is set to close next weekend, so the museum is hosting a special guest.
A Philadelphia archaeology museum will indefinitely loan ancient jewelry known as “Troy gold” to Turkey in exchange for a future exhibit of artifacts from King Midas’ tomb.
Penn Museum has a new exhibit opening next week, which explores the world of the Mayan culture from ancient times through today.
Earth Day is just a couple weeks away, but a local organization is sponsoring a three-day seminar on sustainable building at the Penn Museum’s Rainey Auditorium.
The remains of five Irish immigrants unearthed a decade ago near Paoli, Pa. were today transported to a cemetery for burial this coming Friday.
Since 1976, the United States has set aside February as Black History Month. Here’s where to take part in the celebration of African American history, culture and heritage in the Philadelphia area.
A new exhibit at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology shows ordinary objects from the site of the former World Trade Center in a moving display about September 11th.
To get ready for an 11-day, NBA-sponsored trip to China, two of the Philadelphia 76ers Dancers are learning how to sign autographs in Chinese and perform a traditional Chinese dance.
A social impact company that uses ancient Greek plays to spark discussions on war will give a free performance this afternoon at
1:30 p.m. at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archeology and Anthropology.
The Penn Museum will reopen its “Silk Road” exhibit next Friday, complete with all of the artifacts and mummies from China.
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation put together their top 11 new, novel and noteworthy attractions to visit in Philadelphia in 2011 – Melony Roy. History In A New Light 1) A larger-than-life Benjamin Franklin […]
- CBS Philly Stations Kick Off The Summer Live From Atlantic City
- 3 On Your Side: Homes Selling That Weren't On The Market
- Survey Finds Philadelphia-Area Residents Eager To Revisit South Jersey Shore
- Police Investigate 'Inappropriate Touching' Incident At West Philadelphia Elementary School
- Overturned Tractor Trailer Slowing Traffic On I-295 In Salem County
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing
- Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The...
- 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy... 6 Foods For Healthy Hair,... Famous Women Who Underwent...