The Penn State community is getting ready for THON weekend, to raise money for pediatric cancer research.
Friday night’s Phillies game against the Arizona Diamondbacks is THON night in support of the philanthropy group based at Penn State University.
CBS 3 and The CW Philly’s Sixth Annual Alex Scott Phone Bank, a 14-hour on-air benefit for the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, raised $1,130,946 for pediatric cancer research Thursday night, a record for the fundraiser which began in 2007. Over its six years on-air, the event has raised more than $5.2 million for the cause.
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...