Hundreds of people gathered at Bright Hope Baptist Church in North Philadelphia on Sunday to honor Former Philadelphia Public School Superintendent Doctor Arlene Ackerman, who died in February of pancreatic cancer.
Former Philadelphia schools superintendent Arlene Ackerman, who left abruptly a year and a half ago after clashing with local officials, has died, according to her son. She was 66.
Jack Andraka, at 14, began looking for a simple way to detect pancreatic cancer, motivated as I was by someone about whom he cared. It’s been successful in experiments but still needs validation.
Health Watch: Pancreatic Cancer Likely Claimed Life Of Steve Jobs, Promising Treatments On The Horizon In Philadelphia
Although not confirmed, it’s presumed Steve Jobs, Apple founder, died from complications of pancreatic cancer. It’s one of the deadliest cancers. Most people die within a year of being diagnosed.
- Technology Outage Leads To Delays At Philadelphia International Airport
- Vandals Use Maple Syrup To Vandalize Pottstown Church
- Review Of Philadelphia Police Policies Gets Underway
- Judge Imposes Maximum Sentence On Man For Violent Robbery Of Elderly Woman
- Man Shot By Police In Carney's Point After Car Stop
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...