According to a new study from the Teachers College at Columbia University, the vast majority of students in community college would rather take their classes in person as opposed to online.
Education ‘badges’, offered mostly on online start-ups, look like brightly colored Boy Scout badges and are meant to convey more about a student and his or her strengths than a grade might.
Higher educational institutions in the California system are looking for creative ways to reduce college costs. A project with Udacity, a for-profit provider of MOOC – or massive open online courses – may offer a solution.
Craftsy offers video-based online classes dedicated to crafts ranging from quilt making to photography to cake decorating.
The latest estimate is that one third of all US students take at least one course online but technology has changed the life of those on campus as well.
Today, 91% of two-year colleges offer some online classes as do 60% of four-year schools. Most college presidents believe that a decade from now 50% of students will take courses online, contrasted with 10% now.
Technology could be poised to take a big bite out of the cost of college. Though you would think that’d be a good thing, 3 On Your Side Consumer Reporter Jim Donovan finds that many Americans aren’t willing to give up the traditional halls of higher learning just yet.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...