New Year’s Day
Philadelphia police have arrested an 18-year-old West Philadelphia man in connection with the New Year’s Day shooting of a 16-year-old neighbor.
The parade route follows the tradition, going up Broad Street, past City Hall, then onto JFK Boulevard.
The AAA-run service, which offers a free tow home for drivers who have been drinking on holidays like New Year’s Eve, started a few years ago in certain cities, but still hasn’t made its way to the Delaware Valley.
By John McDevitt PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Starting the new year off on the right foot, more than 400 state parks throughout the United States are hosting free guided hikes on New Year’s Day, showcasing what […]
With the Mummers Parade right around the corner, “fancy” brigades have begun setting up shop inside the Pennsylvania Convention Center for the indoor showcase on New Year’s Day.
The goal, officials said, is a great experience for the thousands of spectators, with five performance zones along the parade route, including an expanded one at Broad and Ritner.
Sugarhouse is a sponsor of two New Year’s Eve fireworks displays on the Delaware River (6pm and 12 midnight), and of the Mummers’ Parade the following morning.
The 5th annual “Comcast Holiday Spectacular” includes familiar favorites like scenes from The Nutcracker, performed by the Pennsylvania Ballet, a sleigh ride through snow-covered country, and sounds from a 64-piece orchestra.
According to a top tourism official, it was a rip-roaring New Year’s holiday in terms of bringing people to enjoy the festivities in Philadelphia.
Last minute preparations are underway for the Mummers Fancy Brigade finale shows on New Years Day. But, you can get a free sneak peak of the show tonight at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
New Year’s Day will bring toll hikes on three area roads, drivers in New Jersey will be hit especially hard.
The Mummers’ Fancy Brigades began assembling their extravagant floats in the Pennsylvania Convention Center, yesterday, in preparation for the 15th annual New Year’s Day “Show of Shows.” This week is crunch time, after a year of planning.
The Mummers are spending this week prepping for the parade on New Year’s Day.
Spending New Year’s Eve in Philadelphia? Good choice! Here’s where to watch the ball drop and toast 2012 in the City of Brotherly Love.
There’s a fan-friendly change coming to the Mummers Parade on New Year’s Day, all because of what otherwise is a pain in the neck.
- What's Cooking on 1060: Foraging For Food, Cupcake Milkshakes, and 'Chefs for PAWS'
- Movie Review: 'World War Z'
- Actor In Final Episode Of ‘Sopranos’ Stunned By Loss Of Friend Gandolfini
- Eyewitness News Speaks With Gov. Christie, Mrs. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...