Museum of the American Revolution
The project is a replica of a type of field tent called a marquee. The original (photo), in which George Washington spent a lot of his time as general of the Revolutionary Army, is in the museum’s collection.
The nearly 13,000-pound bell was removed from its tower at 3rd and Chestnut Streets today to make way for a new Revolutionary War museum.
This collection of signatures of all 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence heads to auction on December 15th.
Council’s Rules Committee gave an initial okay to a zoning change for the southwest corner of Third and Chestnut Streets.
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...