Gangster Squad is a high-octane true-crime drama – a Pulp Nonfiction wannabe — that chronicles the activities of the special unit created by the notoriously corrupt LAPD to lead its fight to keep East Coast Mafia types out of Los Angeles in the 1940s and 1950s.
It’s a swiss-cheese tapestry of plot holes and arbitrary, nonsensical occurrences. The elaborate scheme is, let’s face it, laughably preposterous. But maybe that’s half the fun.
If only “30 Minutes or Less” were 30 minutes or less.
Will Ferrell is terrific. And we really shouldn’t be surprised.
The title refers to a guy who operates not in the mold of a president but out of the back of a car.
- Burned Kitten Fights For His Life As Authorities Continue To Search For Suspect
- Chris Christie's Wife: He'd Make A Good President
- State-Wide Ribbon Cutting Marks Opening Of Jersey Shore Season
- Paper Urges New Jersey Governor Christie To Make Rebuilt Beaches Free
- Consumer Advocate: Scammers Prey On Veterans During Memorial Day
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta