Protesters rallied in D.C on the same day that the Supreme Court listened to arguments on whether California’s Proposition 8 ban on same-sex marriage is constitutional.
Braving the cold rain, supporters chanted and cheered with each speaker who made arguments that this is about basic rights.
The justices will review an appeals court ruling that struck down California’s ban on gay marriage in addition to hearing a case on the issue of whether Congress can deprive legally-married gay couples of federal benefits.
The Buck Starts Here wishes a happy Thanksgiving to our readers. For progressives there is much to be thankful for this year.
Udi Behr, the co-founder and chief designer of Philly-based jewelry design company loveandpride, has raised nearly $400,000 for the LGBT community in the seven years since the company was formed.
In an odd turn of events, the Republicans in Tampa nominated real life versions of their cartoon versions of Kerry and Gore. Republicans thought John Kerry should be criticized for changing positions. But Kerry is not in the same league as Romney who ran as a pro-choice candidate and promised to do more for gay rights than Ted Kennedy.
Rev. William Owens takes great issue with Obama’s linkage of Dr. King’s civil rights movement of the past to the current gay rights movement regarding same-sex marriage. Owens says that King embraced traditional religion, and he strongly suggests that King would not want his civil rights’ mission altered to include same-sex marriage.
What was Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy thinking when he thought that anyone cares about what he thinks about same-sex marriage? Whatever Cathy’s reasoning, he has a lot to learn about the separation of his business and the unnecessary preaching of his morality.
Days After Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill, New Jersey Case On Marriage Equality To Proceed In Court
A New Jersey judge has reinstated a previously dismissed portion of a lawsuit from gay couples seeking to have the state recognize same-sex marriage.
Louis Alberta is single but would love to get married someday. But for Louis and other gay and lesbian people living in New Jersey, getting married like heterosexual couples is not an option.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...