Long Beach Island NJ
On Tuesday, Gov. Chris Christie rejected those claims in his bluntest, most off-color terms yet.
Before starting their work, the US Army Corps of Engineers needs permission from all oceanfront homeowners whose view would be blocked or their property values otherwise affected by the sand.
Federal, state, and local governments have spent some $700 million over the last 25 years, pumping sand from the ocean onto beaches to create a buffer between towns and storm-tossed seas.
Most Long Beach Island residents displaced since Sandy struck two weeks ago were allowed to return home Saturday.
Residents of Seaside Heights, Holgate and North Beach are seeing their homes for the first time since the storm.
The midday high tide on Wednesday was expected to bring more flooding to the Long Beach Island area.
The Wildwoods has won the “best beach in New Jersey” survey for the fourth time in five years. But the survey is being called “cockamamie” by Mark Soifer, public information officer for Ocean City.
Frank Finnegan, 49, of Collingdale, Pa., alleges he was first overpowered by Father John Kline at a vacation rental home on Long Beach Island, NJ back in 1968 or 1969.
From Asbury Park to Avalon and beyond, many of us have a favorite shore point. And if so, now’s the time to be counted.
- Philadelphia Coffee Shop Employee Credited With Recognizing Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker
- Pennsylvania, New Jersey See Economic Boost From Giant Lottery Prizes
- Plane Makes Belly Landing In New Jersey After Departing From Philadelphia
- 2nd Annual Love Your Park Week Offers Plethora Of Events For All
- NJ Resident 1 Of 2 Winners For Mega Millions $190M Drawing