Kate Bilo Blog
We’ve been enjoying a nice little blast of summer-like warmth here in the first week of October, but that’s all about to change this weekend!
It was a gorgeous weekend for most of us (especially those away from the coast), but we are now paying our dues as a week of unsettled weather sets up across the Delaware Valley.
So now that we’ve officially had the hottest July on record and the wettest August on record, the chatter in the newsroom on Friday turned to – what’s September going to bring us?!
By Kate Bilo: Last year, on June 6th, Philadelphia was just finishing up its first heat wave. This year, on June 6th, we’ve already got one under our belts and we’re heading towards a potential second heat wave later this week.
By Kate Bilo: A tricky forecast this week as a broad upper-level low sits across the Eastern half of the country, delivering days upon days of unsettled weather.
By Kate Bilo: I can honestly say that in all my time studying weather, geeking out over weather, being a severe weather fanatic, I have never quite seen or heard of anything that compares to the utter destruction of yesterday’s tornado outbreak in Alabama.
By Kate Bilo: Well, winter is certainly winding down, and as we head through the last week of the season, things are starting to feel decidedly “spring-like”!
By Kate Bilo: Baby, it’s COLD outside! March is a month that’s often characterized by a Battle Royale between cold and warm, dry and moist, winter and spring.
By Kate Bilo: “I Love The Smell of WAA in the Morning …” WAA in weather terms = Warm Air Advection, and that’s what’s going to give us a nice little spring preview for the rest of the week!
By Kate Bilo: Well, it’s Valentine’s Day and our much-anticipated warming trend has begun!
By Kate Bilo: A frigid start to Friday this morning as many folks in Philadelphia’s suburbs woke up to single-digit morning lows.
Folks across Delaware and Southern New Jersey woke up this morning to a light covering of snow on the ground, with some brief heavier bands pushing through Sussex County.
By Kate Bilo: If you’re looking for something to warm you up through the next two cold days, just take a look at the warmth that will begin to spread across the region starting this weekend!
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught In FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- 'Operation Swill' Targets NJ Bars Found Selling Cheap Liquor In Premium Bottles
- Tech Company Looking To Fill Open Jobs With Adults With Autism
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...