Philadelphia mayor Michael Nutter has been re-elected to a second four-year term in office.
The extremely quiet Philadelphia mayor’s race comes to a conclusion, but the real action is in the races for City Council, where at least a half-dozen newcomers will be voted into office.
Philadelphia police are searching for those responsible for vandalizing the car of the Republican candidate for mayor.
In his first bid for mayor, then-city councilman Michael Nutter swept to victory by better than a 4-to-1 margin over Republican business leader Al Taubenberger in a mild-mannered affair that ended with Taubenberger introducing his opponent as mayor-elect the next day.
The mayor’s race in Philadelphia has taken a back seat to some of the suburban clashes. But the candidates are taking nothing for granted.
Long-shot Republican candidate Karen Brown gave a spirited challenge to Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter in a taped debate Tuesday.
Former Philadelphia mayor John Street has ruled out challenging the current mayor, Michael Nutter, as an independent candidate in this fall’s general election.
Chris reviews Sarah Palin’s tour stop at the Liberty Bell, inspects the discrimination lawsuit filed by former waitresses at the Resorts Casino in Atlantic City and talks to Phillies Play-By-Play Announcer Scott Franzke about the series against the Nationals and Cliff Lee’s recent struggles.
Karen Brown, who was recruited by party bosses, now leads John Featherman by 58 votes, more than a week after voters went to the polls.
Chris reviews Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech to Congress. He talks to Phillies TV Play-by-Play Announcer Tom McCarthy about the series with the Reds and Political Analyst Rich Zeoli about the New Jersey Supreme Court’s ruling to increase education funding to poor districts.
It will be next week at the earliest before the Philadelphia City Commission certifies the results of Tuesday’s primary elections.
The official citywide count will begin on Friday, and continue over the weekend and through next Wednesday.
Chris reviews yesterdays primaries and talks to KYW’s Larry Kane about the end of the Rizzo era in Philadelphia. He talks to Seth Everett about the Phillies recent struggles and analyzes the early missteps of Newt Gingrich’s Presidential campaign.
It’s Primary Day in Philadelphia. Chris talks to all four candidates, Mayor Michael Nutter, his Democratic challenger, Milton Street and both Republican candidates, John Featherman and Karen Brown. Chris also talks to Congressman Pat Meehan about his intelligence request regarding the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound.
Candidates for Philadelphia Mayor and City Council will spend today in one final rush of campaigning before tomorrow’s primary.
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Pa. Senate Tackles Liquor Bill
- Family Of 10-Year-Old Boy Killed In Chester Accident Speaks Out
- Health: Study Shows Facebook Initiative To Boost Organ Donation Registration Worked
- NJ Health Officials Advise Residents Of Coyote Sightings
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...