Internal Revenue Service
Five owners of the “Nifty Fifty’s” restaurant chain are charged in a tax evasion conspiracy that allegedly hid $15 million worth of income, cheating the IRS out of $2.2 million in taxes.
The federal indictment just unsealed charges 34-year-old Patricia Fountain, who works for the IRS, and 39-year-old Larry Ishmael with defrauding the US government.
By Jim Donovan: If you owe a big tax bill and you don’t have the cash to pay right now, you may want to opt for an installment payment agreement with the I.R.S. By paying through […]
An IRS spokesman says if they need to reach you about a tax return, they will do it either by phone or through the mail — not with an e-mail.
By Jim Donovan: The Internal Revenue Service is warning senior citizens and other taxpayers to beware of an emerging scheme tempting them to file tax returns claiming fraudulent refunds. The scheme carries a common theme […]
By Jim Donovan: The Internal Revenue Service has issued its annual “Dirty Dozen” ranking of tax scams, reminding taxpayers to use caution during tax season to protect themselves against a wide range of schemes ranging […]
This year, as before, those couples may have to do a little extra work to file their taxes correctly.
It’s the 10th year that the “Campaign for Working Families” has been in place in Philadelphia, where low and moderate income families in Philadelphia can get tax returns prepared for free by IRS-certified volunteers.
Laid-off workers may be getting an unpleasant surprise this month when they realize they have to pay taxes on their unemployment compensation.
By Jim Donovan: In an annual reminder to taxpayers, the Internal Revenue has announced that it is looking to return $153.3 million in undelivered tax refund checks. In all, 99,123 taxpayers are due refund checks […]
The Internal Revenue Service has decided to cut taxpayers in certain New Jersey counties a break in filing their taxes and quarterly payments, because of Hurricane Irene.
An IRS spokesman says scam artists recently struck in northwestern Pennsylvania and are believed to be on the move again — possibly headed this way.
The Internal Revenue Service is auditing the Philadelphia School District but school officials say it’s just routine.
By Jim Donovan: Taxpayers who may have difficulty scheduling a visit to an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center during normal weekday business hours can visit the IRS office located at 600 Arch Street on Saturday, February […]
By Jim Donovan: The Internal Revenue Service wil open it’s Philadelphia Taxpayer Assistance Center on Saturday, January 29 and February 5, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. The Taxpayer Assistance Center is located at […]
- 'Fuel Your Passion For Fashion' With New Package At Philadelphia Hotel
- Culinary Scene Down The Shore Explodes This Summer
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Burned Kitten Fights For His Life As Authorities Continue To Search For Suspect
- Chris Christie's Wife: He'd Make A Good President
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta