The Cantabile Choir at Interboro High School had the chance to share the stage with the rock group “Foreigner” at Harrah’s Chester Saturday night.
If Mayor John Linder gets his way, a 10% tax will be attached to concert tickets at Harrah’s and sporting events like Union soccer games at PPL Park. And a 20% tax would be added for paid parking.
On Saturday, Harrah’s Chester will officially become Harrah’s Philadelphia. And with the new name comes a new focus on more than just games.
Nutter Administration To Pennsylvania Lawmakers: Don’t Move 2nd Casino License Away From Philadelphia
Pennsylvania lawmakers openly wondered if the Southeastern Pennsylvania market was already saturated with Harrah’s, Sugarhouse, and Parx casinos. City commerce director Alan Greenberger said that may be, but putting the casino in a more rural location might not make sense.
Early numbers for slots revenue suggest that SugarHouse is taking a bite out of Harrah’s hide.
Philadelphia’s Chinatown Development Corporation is defending its decision to accept a donation from Harrah’s Casino in Chester.
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...