Friends Of The Barnes
The Friends of the Barnes, the group that did not want to see the Barnes Foundation relocated from Merion to Museum Row, is furious that the former CEO of the institution now claims it wasn’t broke.
“My assumption is that the Barnes, under the current business model, must fail,” says Robert Zaller, a longtime opponent of the Barnes’ move to Philadelphia.
In advance of the building dedication ceremony later this week, the Barnes Foundation offered reporters and photographers a sneak peek at the collection in its new Philadelphia home, to get a feel for the experience.
Another page in the long controversy over the Barnes Foundation and it’s move to Center City. A judge has ruled that the Friends of the Barnes and it’s attorney must pay for the Foundation’s legal fees.
Montgomery County judge will decide whether to lift the financial sanctions that were levied against the group that continues to fight the move of the Barnes Foundation from Lower Merion to Philadelphia.
- New Pantry Program Provides Fresh, Healthy Food To Those In Need
- Man In Critical Condition After Port Richmond Stabbing
- Christie Can Set NJ Election Date, Lawyers Argue
- Philadelphia Man Finds Sinkhole Filled With Green Ooze
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...