Due to high winds ravaging the region, many trees are down.
A new barbecue joint in Fishtown, a veggie-vs.-meat steak sandwich cook-off, and an event delving into the Academy of Natural Science’s 18 million specimens are all on Hadas’ menu this week.
Dust off your dirndl and head to Frankford Hall for what might just be the city’s largest Oktoberfest celebration.
The doors were opened September 7th to a first of its kind museum, Pizza Brain.
Pizza Brain, located in the city’s Fishtown neighborhood, will be serving up its first slices to hungry Philadelphians on Friday, Sept. 7.
Fishtown residents are lucky to live in a happening, growing, expanding area with bars, music venues, and more to explore. Visit one of the bars below for a fun night out.
The nation’s first museum dedicated to the delicious foodstuff is set to open on Frankford Avenue in Fishtown next month.
A Fishtown Bakery is one of six companies being profiled on twitter for its small business advertising tools.
Police are hoping the $40,000 reward will help them find the man who killed 32-year-old Michael Hagan, an IT consultant and Drexel University graduate.
Chris recounts his Memorial Day Weekend and responds to MSNBC’s Chris Hayes views on heroism. He talks to Jeff Roe and Michael Bronstein on a special edition of the Monday Morning Matchup, former head of ABC News, David Westin, about his new book, Exit Interview, and Phillies Manager Charlie Manuel about the injuries to Roy Halladay and Carlos Ruiz.
Fire officials are investigating the cause of fire that broke out inside a rowhome in Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
These trendy havens in Philadelphia draw crowds in with drink specials and keep them for their eccentricity, providing underground music, cheap beer and grunge appeal to more than just hipsters. Flannel is optional–but highly recommended.
An armed man threatened a family, vandalized some property and then stabbed himself in a series of erratic events Sunday evening in Fishtown.
Philadelphia police shoot and critically injure a man in Fishtown after they say he threatened residents with a knife and then lunged at responding officers.
The official word comes Friday on which Catholic schools in the Philadelphia area will close at the end of this school year. But several elementary schools are already saying they’ve won their appeals and will stay open.
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Some Says Boy Scouts' Vote To Allow Gay Members Doesn't Go Far Enough
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta