Could cancer be treated by the flip of a switch? According to research in the journal Nature Materials, it might not be that far off.
Scientists are getting closer to figuring out pathways that help cancer cells grow and divide. It is called the LKB1-AMPK pathway, and it leads to prolonged tumour cell survival.
There are many interesting theories about how and why cancer spreads, but several look at what are called the ‘switch theory’.
- Meehan Talks To Local Vets About Combatting Sexual Assault In The Military
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Donald Rumsfeld About His New Book
- No Bail For Faith Healing Couple Charged In Son's Death
- Driver Charged With DUI In Fatal Hit-Run Of Teen In Hatfield Township
- Sex Offender Charged For Allegedly Having Child Porn In Delaware
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta