When people talk about the changes in healthcare, words like transformation and innovation are thrown around. As a patient, that sounds pretty good. But another word, one that is more foreboding, is also being used – it is disruption.
By law, how confidential is your medical information? Not as confidential as you may think.
Thanks to electronic medical records outputting data at an unprecedented rate and volume, databases for studies can now number in the millions. There are advantages and disadvantages as to how this might influence patient care and treatment.
Last week’s storm challenged many hospitals because this was the first time a major storm hit hospitals along the east coast with electronic medical records playing a key role in patient care. There was a backup plan in place.
There are many arguments for and against the computerization of medicine.
According to a report in the journal Health Affairs, computerized patient records are unlikely to cut health care costs and may actually encourage doctors to order expensive tests more often.
The use of computers in the health care industry may mean that Information gained from the compilation of patient data and the ability for doctor’s to communicate with one another could revolutionize the way care is provided.
Electronic medical records may improve the quality of healthcare by giving doctors data in their own files that they can evaluate and analyze.
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...