Today in 1863, Congress passed the 13th Amendment which, when ratified in 1865, officially outlawed slavery in the United States and all of its territories.
January 1st, 2013 marks the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, the first document that put the US government in official opposition to slavery.
The Library Company put an official copy of the Emancipation Proclamation, once owned by Robert F. Kennedy, on display for a brief time on Monday.
- 'Fuel Your Passion For Fashion' With New Package At Philadelphia Hotel
- Culinary Scene Down The Shore Explodes This Summer
- Judge Orders Faith-Healing Couple Facing Murder Charges Be Held Without Bail
- Burned Kitten Fights For His Life As Authorities Continue To Search For Suspect
- Chris Christie's Wife: He'd Make A Good President
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta