The late season winter storm and the strong winds that are accompanying it are impacting travel on area bridges.
The Delaware River Port Authority says suggestions that tolls might be lowered on some of its bridges just isn’t in the cards.
They may conjure up ghastly images, 19th century graveyard headstones near the Betsy Ross Bridge, but a historian says they found their way to the river’s edge in the Bridesburg section of Philadelphia.
A committee of people who use DRPA bridges and the PATCO high speed line handed the Delaware River Port Authority a list of suggestions this week on issues they’d like to see addressed.
There’s been a lot of talk about a new ramp for pedestrians and bicyclists to access the Ben Franklin Bridge and now theDRPA is designing one.
The board of the Delaware River Port Authority has begun to make permanent many of the policy changes adopted by the agency recently in the name of reform.
The board of the Delaware River Port Authority has begun to make permanent many of the policy changes adopted by the agency recently.
Tom Raftery has now been given the duties and responsibilities of a “senior” manager, but some commissioners are balking over moves to adjust his salary from $130,000 to $165,000.
Traffic on the bridges operated by the Delaware River Port Authority is down significantly, while those operated by the Burlington County Bridge Commission have seen an overall increase.
Commuters have probably noticed that the morning traffic on the Walt Whitman Bridge is backed up a little more than usual. An ongoing redecking project has reached a critical phase.
The Delaware River Port Authority says it is working to implement — and set in stone — many of the reforms approved by the agency almost two years ago.
DRPA inspector general Thomas Raftery says that ethics policies are not uniform across the board, procedures for contracts and purchasing are confusing, and promised reforms have still not be implemented.
It’s been gridlock nearly every Friday afternoon in-bound to Philadelphia on the Ben Franklin Bridge this spring. You’re stuck in traffic, and the other side’s moving along just fine. And you wonder why your side doesn’t have another lane? There are a lot of variables.
New Jersey’s state comptroller has reviewed the inner operations of the Delaware River Port Authority, saying his office has found a pattern of waste and mismanagement that cost the bi-state agency millions of dollars over a number of years.
Mom’s water broke in the westbound lanes of the Delaware Memorial Bridge Thursday morning and a pair of first responders from the Delaware River & Bay Authority Police Department was naturally, first on the scene.
- Audit Reveals Problems With 2012 Election At Philadelphia Polling Places
- Masterman Students, Teachers Run To Raise Money For Extracurriculars
- Corbett May Have To Settle For Watered Down Pension Reform Bill
- A Summer Of Free Fun On Tap At Penn's Landing
- Study: Business School Grads Are Most Likely To Be Under-Employed
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...