Dr. Kermit Gosnell
Pearl Gosnell was caught by surprise. She apparently didn’t know her husband was going to agree to life in prison to avoid the death penalty.
Jurors said the case was emotionally tolling for all involved.
A judge imposed a third life sentence against West Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell Wednesday morning.
Gosnell agreed to forego any appeals in exchange for elimination of the death penalty.
Jurors, who deliberated for two-weeks, had come back late Monday morning with word that they were hung on two charges, but returned 4 hours later with the verdicts.
A Philadelphia jury today convicted West Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell on three counts of first-degree murder as well as involuntary manslaughter in the death of a woman who died during an abortion at his clinic.
After 8 grueling weeks of trial and deliberations, the jury in the murder trial of abortion Dr. Kermit Gosnell returns to work today for a 10th day of deliberations.
A Philadelphia jury is breaking for the weekend amid deliberations in the capital murder case of an abortion provider.
What has been lost during the clinical readback of the aide’s testimony is the emotion: she broke down several times on the witness stand while testifying.
KYW’s Tony Hanson reports the jury asked to re-hear the testimony of former clinic worker Linda Williams.
Jurors want to revisit the testimony of Lynda Williams, one of four former clinic workers who pleaded guilty to third-degree murder charges.
Lawyers in the case had an in-chambers conversation with Judge Jeffrey Minehart about TV crews taking pictures of jurors, apparently inadvertently, as they left the Criminal Justice Center on Monday.
A Philadelphia jury reviewed laws addressing murder and manslaughter without reaching a verdict Monday.
During its fifth day of deliberations, the jury in the trial of West Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell asked the court to redefine “degrees” of murder and other charges.
For weeks, jurors in Philadelphia heard grim testimony about deaths and squalor at Dr. Kermit Gosnell’s inner-city abortion clinic. While they listened, the murder case reverberated far beyond the courtroom, changing — at least for the moment — the tone of the national debate on abortion.
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...