department of environmental protection
Republican Gov. Tom Corbett’s office on Friday released an email exchange that it says led to the forced resignation this week of a member of his Cabinet.
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection is getting some heat from environmental groups after cancelling a meeting on short notice.
New Jersey has taken possession of some 5,000 acres of open space in Atlantic County, one of the largest such acquisitions in state history.
Parvin State Park in Salem County has been closed since a freak storm in late June left two children dead, but it is set to fully reopen to the public on Friday.
Word from officials Friday that there is a new case of West Nile Virus in our area.
The number of people infected with West Nile Virus in Pennsylvania has doubled, with the confirmation of two human cases in Delaware County. A local expert says prevention is key.
A public hearing is scheduled for tonight in West Chester, on the issue of whether a pipeline company should be able to dig in to the Brandywine Creek, or go underneath it.
It’s late in the season, but recent floods have prompted state environmental officials schedule another round of mosquito spraying in areas of Bucks County tonight and tomorrow night.
A drought watch is the first and least severe level of Pennsylvania’s drought classifications, asking residents to voluntarily conserve water.
Parx has agreed to pay a settlement in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to resolve allegations of pollution related to its racetrack operations.
Signing up before you head out on the bay or into the ocean has been a federal requirement for some time. The new, online state system will allow anglers to not only bypass the federal bureaucracy but the $15 annual fee they charge.
Come the new year, New Jersey residents will face new recycling rules for some major appliances in their homes.
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection has issued a drought warning for 24 counties – including three in our area — and has placed the rest of the state on drought “watch” status.
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection is seeking public comment on a new proposal for insuring public access to state beaches and waterways.
- With Gov. Corbett's Signature, Philadelphia Traffic Court Is Out Of Business
- Trenton Man Sentenced In Ex-girlfriend's Alleged Abduction
- Germantown High School Graduates Its Final Class Ever
- City Council Probe Into Deadly Building Collapse Highlights Two Levels of Care By City
- New Jersey, Delaware Among States With Fewest Engaged Employees
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In... Tiger Woods At The US Open At...
- Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP... Orr At The Shore 2013
- NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...