The owner of the Inquirer, Daily News, and philly.com says it may liquidate operations if it doesn’t reach new contracts with its labor unions by next Friday.
Chris discusses the President’s comments directed at the Supreme Court about judicial activism, a joy ride down the Atlantic City Boardwalk, and businesses pulling gift cards from New Jersey. He also talks to Dan Gross and Larry Platt about the sale of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News.
Meanwhile, the union that represents workers at Philadelphia’s two major daily newspapers is challenging the layoffs.
Chris covers the story of FOX 29 not airing video on Mayor Nutter patting a woman’s buttocks while bowling and discusses the issue with Dan Gross of the Daily News. He talks to Marcus Hook Mayor James Schiliro about the status of the Sunoco refinery in Marcus Hook and to Chuck Darrow of the Daily News about the death of a casino executive in Atlantic City.
Amid the reports the papers are for sale again, comes word of more turmoil at the company that operates the Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News. Layoffs have entered the picture.
- 1 Hospitalized In Police-Involved Shooting In North Philadelphia
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta