A defendant in a state corruption investigation of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is waiving a preliminary hearing.
Former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro has been re-sentenced to the same five year sentence for extortion with the threat of violence.
The former mayor of New Jersey’s largest suburb was sentenced Wednesday to just over three years in prison for corruption after telling the judge he lives with “self-torture” every day over the crimes.
Former and current judges of Philadelphia Traffic Court, plus judges in Bucks, Chester, and Delaware counties, as well as other employees associated with the court system, were named.
It’s almost to the point that the easiest way to spot a corrupt politician is to see who’s winning in Chicago.
Federal prosecutors allege Hamilton Township Mayor John Bencivengo took $12,400 from a cooperating witness in exchange for using his influence over a health insurance contract with the township’s school district.
William DeWeese, still a member of the state House, is a former House speaker, and was Democratic leader when the state attorney general’s office says he allegedly used state resources for campaign purposes.
Opening statements are scheduled today in the public corruption case that has already resulted in a guilty plea from former state House Speaker John Perzel of Philadelphia.
The first trial of Republican defendants in Pennsylvania’s corruption scandal gets under way next week.
Following a trial and mixed verdict in April, former Philadelphia police inspector Daniel Castro has pleaded guilty to a single count of extortion.
Prosecutor Robert Zauzmer is asking a federal appeals court in Philadelphia to give former Pennsylvania state senator Vincent Fumo — convicted of 137 counts of corruption — more jail time.
The jury considering the corruption case against former Philadelphia police Inspector Daniel Castro is having trouble reaching a unanimous verdict on some counts, but they will deliberate again Wednesday morning.
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Corruption in the Philadelphia Police Department is laid bare, as an admittedly corrupt former officer takes the witness stand to testify against his former partner. Former officer James Venziale is now cooperating […]
The house-cleaning continues at the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie announced the firing of 71 PVSC employees Monday.
Federal officials announced the indictment of a high ranking police commander on criminal charges following an investigation into an alleged bribery and extortion scheme.
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...