Researchers at the University of California found that “light on” activation of brain cells eliminated compulsive cocaine-seeking behavior.
There is no doubt that people prone to excess gambling, drinking or drug use can switch from one vice to another. Those who do this are said to have addictive personalities. And now, researchers are trying to determine a physical cause.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder is a major psychiatric problem where people have recurrent or persistent thoughts, impulses, or images they find distressing. It is estimated that 2 to 45% of the population can experience it.
- Cleanup Underway After Heavy Rain Causes Flooding In Shore Towns
- Police: Shoplifters Concealed $600 In Prescription Drugs Down Pants
- Car Crash Causes Hundreds of Residents To Lose Power In Bucks County
- Doctor Killed By Husband In NJ Murder-Suicide
- Dom Giordano Speaks To Gov. Corbett About Increase In Gas Prices Under Proposed Bill
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...