Chester-Upland School District
The Chester Upland School District’s board rejected an academic and financial recovery plan in a vote Monday night, opening the door for a state takeover.
A proposed recovery plan for the financially and academically troubled Chester Upland district includes closing underused schools, hiring new administrators and cutting jobs.
Pennsylvania education officials have appointed a political activist and Philadelphia minister to guide the Chester-Upland School District out of its latest financial problem.
All signs on Thursday were pointing to a potential settlement of a lawsuit filed several months ago by the Chester Upland School District against the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
A handful of students in the Chester-Upland School District will be at the White House today, guests of First Lady Michelle Obama. They’ll take part in the 4th annual kitchen garden spring planting there.
A suburban Philadelphia school system that threatened to shut down due to lack of funds should be able to stay open if a third party oversees the district’s financial operations for the rest of the academic year, state education officials say.
Chris reviews the Super Bowl and all the commercials from the broadcast. He talks to Ray Didinger to break down the result and Zoe Lucas, who runs the Whipped Bake Shop in Fishtown, who made the Deion Sanders cookies in the Century 21 ad. He also talks to Michael Bronstein and Jeff Roe on the Monday Morning Matchup about the results of the Nevada Caucus.
A delegation from Chester, Pa. delivered petitions to Governor Tom Corbett’s office seeking state funds to keep the Chester-Upland schools open.
Parents were getting a chance to vent at a community meeting even as politicians were seeking both short- and long-term answers.
Governor Corbett is coming under fire from a key state senator of his own party for his administration’s handling of the situation with Chester-Upland and other financially troubled school districts in the state.
When President Obama presents his State of the Union tonight, a third generation educator from the financially-strapped Chester Upland School District will be sitting in the First Lady’s viewing box.
The financial woes of the Chester Upland School District were front and center in the state capitol as dozens of parents with students at Chester Community Charter School protested a delay in state funding.
Several members of the Delaware County legislative delegation in Harrisburg met Monday with Governor Tom Corbett to talk about the ongoing financial crisis in the Chester-Upland School District.
Judge Michael Baylson’s decision starts the clock running for the Pennsylvania Department of Education to advance some $3.2 million to the Chester Upland school district no later than close of business on Thursday.
Sources tell KYW Newsradio that an agreement would advance $3.2 million to the school district. That would be enough to subsidize the district through the middle of February.
- Eyewitness News Speaks One-On-One With Gov. Christie At National Dine Out Day
- Bear Spotted Climbing Playground Set In Bucks County
- Main Line Manhunt Ends With 3 Bank Robbery Suspects In Custody
- Firefighters Find Body At Allentown Blaze
- Historic Uptown Theater Celebrates Black Music Month By Opening Doors for Tours
- James Gandolfini Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-...
- 2013 US Open At Merion Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice...