When architects Tod Williams and Billie Tsien drew up plans for the new home of the $25-billion Barnes collection, they knew it had to copy the scale, proportion, and configuration of the original Merion galleries, built in the 1920s.
The Barnes Foundation, about to open in mid-May on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, has installed a major new piece of art.
- Sea Isle City Residents Prove They’re Stronger Than Sandy As Rebuilding Efforts Continue
- Pa. Senate Tackles Liquor Bill
- Family Of 10-Year-Old Boy Killed In Chester Accident Speaks Out
- Health: Study Shows Facebook Initiative To Boost Organ Donation Registration Worked
- NJ Health Officials Advise Residents Of Coyote Sightings
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... GHI @Home - Metal Shingle /... 11th Annual Gary Papa 5K Run-... Athletes We Wish Stayed In...
- Tiger Woods At The US Open At... Final Round: The U.S. Open At... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Behind the Scenes: TP...
- Orr At The Shore 2013 NCC Retro-Rama Party The Philadelphia Diamonds Of... 2013 US Open At Merion
- Storm Photos: June 13, 2013 WIP Morning Show Father's Day... US Open At Merion Practice... Julius Erving Through The...