There was an interesting study last week which showed a link between autism and the age of the father when the baby is conceived.
A Pottsville mom says her son is being denied a lifesaving organ transplant because he has autism.
“Each day as you’re doing your countdown, I would review the bus driver’s name, the bus aide’s the teacher, the teacher’s assistant and the principal.”
Sleepaway camp is a rite of passage for many kids. But what if your child has a medical condition? A Conshohocken-based non-profit has a camp designed for them.
AutisMate lets children with the disorder improve their social and communication skills through video, pictures and voice recordings.
According to a new study, one in three young adults with autism has no paying job or college or technical schooling. A local expert says the research shows the need for programs to address the challenges faced by young people on the autism spectrum.
One difficult topic on the agenda is sex education for those on the Autism spectrum.
The number of people being diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders is on the rise, and while there are many different types, a new book looks at one of the best-known from the inside.
Sunday was a busy day at the sports complex in South Philly. In addition to the Flyers game, both the Phillies and Eagles hosted thousands of people for two separate charity events.
PhillyHealthWatch’s Tiffany Bucciarelli interviews SPIN about the 5K Run/Walk “SPIN Possibilities in the Park 5K.”
April is being observed as National Autism Awareness Month, and the contributing editor for a new book on the subject says there are still many misconceptions–even among parents–about the autism spectrum.
The new report from the Centers for Disease Control says autism cases are on the rise, largely because of wider screenings and better diagnosis.
A South Jersey non-profit is offering a series of hands-on workshops over the next few months to highlight assistive technology.
There’s very interesting information from the American Journal of Psychiatry which suggests that changes in brain development as early as six months of age can help predict if children are going to develop autism as they get older.
The Green Tree School in Germantown is partnering with a local diner to educate area restaurants on how to serve children with special needs.
- Pot-Legalization Group Relocates Outside US Courthouse After 2 Arrests
- Philadelphia Orchestra Prepares For Trip To China, 40th Anniversary Tour
- Police: Suspect Dragged Employee With Vehicle While Fleeing After Robbery
- Philadelphia Hosts US Mayors For Discussion on Technology and Government
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta